SIGforum
I need a nice new EDC folder, budget is 250.00 or less.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/7440069534

January 12, 2018, 05:33 PM
P-220
I need a nice new EDC folder, budget is 250.00 or less.
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
How about the CQC7 models???

does anybody here use one of those?

Im out of my surgery so i have some time to kill for a few days.

I carried a green Mini CQC7 for over a decade. I lost it during a Mountain Bike trip. Within months, I was able to find its Brother (only off by 7 serial numbers). I carried that one for a couple of years before buying a small Sebenza. During the absence of the original, I bought a Mini A-100 which is a great knife.

Today, I carry a Spyderco Techno.

I still have the mini CQC7 and A-100 and do occasionally carry them.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
January 12, 2018, 05:52 PM
djpaintles
Zero Tolerance makes an emerson too:

https://www.bladehq.com/item--...Emerson-Knife--21378

$159 for a Emerson knive with ELMAX steel is a bargain!

https://www.amazon.com/Zero-To...-Point/dp/B00TQ4THFU

I have both and much prefer the clip point for the types of cutting I do. If you always carry your knife clipped on your pocket and want to always open it when you draw the knife the Wave is pretty nifty otherwise they are not as easy to open as some other flippers or knives with the spyderco hole. I also like ELMAX steel better than 154CM so prefer the Zero Tolerance Emersons to name brand Emersons which he has made by someone else. Emersons hand made knives are a whole nuther story and price range.........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
January 12, 2018, 09:17 PM
Ironbutt
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Zero Tolerance makes an emerson too:

https://www.bladehq.com/item--...Emerson-Knife--21378

$159 for a Emerson knive with ELMAX steel is a bargain!

https://www.amazon.com/Zero-To...-Point/dp/B00TQ4THFU

I have both and much prefer the clip point for the types of cutting I do. If you always carry your knife clipped on your pocket and want to always open it when you draw the knife the Wave is pretty nifty otherwise they are not as easy to open as some other flippers or knives with the spyderco hole. I also like ELMAX steel better than 154CM so prefer the Zero Tolerance Emersons to name brand Emersons which he has made by someone else. Emersons hand made knives are a whole nuther story and price range.........

I have a 0620 ZT/Emerson collaboration & I find the fit, finish, function & materials on it to be far better than my Emerson.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell
January 14, 2018, 06:41 AM
steel96
I'm digging the ZT0562, but don't know much about ZT's. What's the benefit of the KVT ball bearings vs SpeedSafe?

ZT0562
January 20, 2018, 05:29 PM
Nickelsig229
I would put a wtb add up offering 250 for a used sebenza.

It doesn't scream woodsman, but it clearly says "I am tough enough for all duties"

You might end up with a couple, some safe queens, some for "nights out" and one for everyday work tool status.

First In Last Out
February 05, 2018, 06:45 AM
ZYALTR
I love my EDC ZT0562CF knife, fits the hand perfectly, and with the CF and titanium, it weighs less than one would think. Also one of the most popular ZT's that is made. Definitely able to be purchased below budget, $210-240 all day long.
February 10, 2018, 04:55 PM
David W
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
How about the CQC7 models???

does anybody here use one of those?

Im out of my surgery so i have some time to kill for a few days.

I rotate a mini CQC7 and mini grip, they are both great knives both the Emerson is just tougher. If I can't carry my Glock for some reason, vacation, drinking etc. I would carry my Emerson and the Minigrip gets carried all the other times.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
February 12, 2018, 04:49 PM
sig77
Mini griptilian or the barrage. Those are my to go to knife and I am partial to benchmade.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.
February 13, 2018, 08:08 PM
GarandGuy
Spyderco Paramilitary 2..... damn near the perfect knife. Slim, balanced, great quality steel. Put on a deep pocket clip and you're all set.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?
February 13, 2018, 09:06 PM
eTripper
quote:
Originally posted by johnnyringo8769:
well my EDC is a Zero Tolerance 030x series knife...i currently have three of them and they are hands down my favorite knives...it all depends on how large a knife u want...ZT Knives are some of the best...and i love the quality and warranty too...it will be the best money ever spent too...God Bless,John

I have to agree with Ringo. ZT's are a good value for the money. Tough as proverbial tanks!

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch
February 15, 2018, 11:44 AM
pedropcola
Can't believe you want a Benchmade and nobody has said 94x. Lot of knife in small package. Tough. Classy, easily dresses up as easy as it can do the hard stuff. Contego is nice. It is huge as is most of those ZT's. They are tank like but they are overbuilt and they carry like that. I have a couple of those pictured and they are heavy and big, especially the assisted ones.

940 for the win.
February 15, 2018, 12:24 PM
Palm
quote:
Originally posted by steel96:
I'm digging the ZT0562, but don't know much about ZT's. What's the benefit of the KVT ball bearings vs SpeedSafe?

ZT0562

Two different things I believe. ZT is an American made Kershaw product (really under the KAI umbrella). Speed safe is KAI's flick to open system that is found on Kershaws and ZTs.

KVT ball bearings mean that it will theoretically be smoother opening than a knife with just speed safe and no ball bearings.

Hope that makes sense. I have a ZT 0350 but find it a bit much for normal carry around town.
February 21, 2018, 06:17 PM
bamaman
I have a CQC7, and its a nice knife. My edc is a horseman, which to me is the coup de gras of knives
February 21, 2018, 09:20 PM
agony
Bugout with custom carbon fiber scales. Under 200 bucks. You're welcome. Smile

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"
February 21, 2018, 10:20 PM
cas
I bought a CQC7,I thought I would really like it. I didn't, and sold it relatively quick.

I've had an A-100 for a couple years now. I like it, and it's well made, but I don't see what all the Emerson fuss is about.
I'd never buy one retail.

February 22, 2018, 01:28 AM
EBRfan
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

...my current EDC is a Spyderco Techno. My first and only Spyderco.

Same here. Fantastic little thing especially if you have to go somewhere that blade lengths are limited.

I just added a Benchmade Bugout to the rotation. It weighs almost nothing. My son gave it to me for Christmas. I’m quite happy with it.
February 22, 2018, 09:07 AM
jhe888
The Spyderco Para Military 2 is quite nice, and available in several sexy super-steels. It is on the bigger end of medium sized, but is thin and fairly light for the amount of blade.

The Para Military is bigger - very big, in fact.

The Para Military 3 is smaller, and pocket friendly.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
February 22, 2018, 07:24 PM
Amurr
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Bugout with custom carbon fiber scales. Under 200 bucks. You're welcome. Smile

Very nice, where did you get that?
February 22, 2018, 07:47 PM
agony
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:

James at Rogue Blade Works...etsy store.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"
February 22, 2018, 09:07 PM
Amurr
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:

James at Rogue Blade Works...etsy store.

Thanks. That version is sold out but I’m gonna keep my eye on this guy