SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post

I am carrying the ZT 0303 today.
1/2 pound of great knife.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Thanks, AJF! I liked the Tiger so much, I bought two them.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Last few weeks, I've been carrying my new Victorinox AlOX Electrician.

I have always been into SAKs, have a bunch, but never considered the ALOX series because I've always thought they were just standard SAKs with aluminum handles. I recently found out that's not the case, but the fact that the tools are actually larger, thicker, more robust on the ALOX series than the typical Cellidor plastic models.

Planning on getting an ALOX farmer or if I can find an Electrician Plus, just to include the wood saw.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I received this from my father last Christmas. It is by far the fines knife I have ever owned and I'm still to nervous to carry it regularly.

Pro-tech Godson auto in Damascus.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
Thanks, AJF! I liked the Tiger so much, I bought two them.

I did have to tote my ZT after your first post of it.
Now I see you have two!
Real cool.
You have some very nice knives.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Kravashera what is your impression of that Thrill?

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:

Interested to know too, saw them in a Blade HQ email. The push out pocket clip looks really cool

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Thrill is...interesting. I like it, but it kind of falls in the middle ground of edc knives which could be a real turn off for some.

First, it is not trivial in size or weight. The titanium model is pretty damn hefty and for a slipjoint it is large. This makes it excellent if you are in an environment where a modern folder would be shunned, but you still want a slightly heftier tool than a SAK or barlow. Here it is next to my Lionsteel Roundhead.

As you can see, the blade is significantly thicker, but it has a nice flat grind that makes it a pretty nice slicer. Even though the phone camera distorts the picture a little, it is indeed thicker at the base of the handle than it is by the blade.

The clip does take some getting used to, but with practice you can deploy it with one hand while sliding the knife into your pocket. The bottom of the clip is smooth, so it won’t tear up pockets, and the spring tension keeps it in there comfortably. I haven’t had any problems clipping it to jeans or dress slacks, but it definitely doesn’t have the clearance for really thick pocket edges like those on my “hard use” cargo pants. I would say that this knife’s place is in office/casual use rotation and not for more outdoorsy activities.

The one thing that is absolutely amazing about this knife is the milling. Everything is rounded, the whole handle is grippy, but not rough, and it is wonderfully comfortable in the hand even when gripping hard. Their fancy clip lives up to the advertising as far as disappearing while you are using the knife.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review. My main problem with some slipjoint is that they are tumbnail breakers (GEC). The Thrill looks like it's pretty easy to open with that mechanism.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the review. My main problem with some slipjoint is that they are tumbnail breakers (GEC). The Thrill looks like it's pretty easy to open with that mechanism.

Yes, the cutouts on both sides of the blade make it very easy to pinch open, no nails even needed.

- Robert Heinlein

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Today it is a Mikov lever lock auto, 3.75" Bayo. I'm really liking it

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Back in the rotation after a trip to the Chris Reeve Spa. Also added a few images of what a 'hair popping' sharp edge look like in an electron microscope.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post