SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm in VA today so I have to stick with a sub 3" knife. Mini Griptilian, custom blue/black G10 scales, titanium deep-carry clip.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why 3"? The law only states 3" on school grounds.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Preparing for a suburban walk:

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My chicken buying rig
6 copper Maran poults
2 black Amerucauna poults
2 blue Amerucauna poults
And the following

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vemon:
Preparing for a suburban walk:

Great looking ZT, Vemon. I liked my Model 301, that I purchased a second-one.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Why 3"? The law only states 3" on school grounds.

Hmmm. Must've read it wrong. Oh well, I rarely carry anything shorter than 3.5", so it's kind of a treat.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:

Great looking ZT, Vemon. I liked my Model 301, that I purchased a second-one.

Thank you, eTripper.
I always liked brindle,thinking about the purchase.

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Kershaw 1990 Brawler

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:

Nice Hobbs. Very nice. I was sporting my swindle and a Bertram hen and rooster burgundy coffin knife, circa early to mid 70's. I will post it up tomorrow.

I picked it up along with a 50's-60's ulster boys scout knife. I also snagged a tree brand green jigged bone barlow. The ulster and the barlow had some cosmetic issues but we're functionality sound and not abused. So they were cheap. A bit of love and I was able to get them into very servicable shape. Then topped them off with a couple of 22 degree primary bevels and 25 degree micro bevels.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice Hobbs. Very nice. I was sporting my swindle and a Bertram hen and rooster burgundy coffin knife, circa early to mid 70's. I will post it up tomorrow.

I picked it up along with a 50's-60's ulster boys scout knife. I also snagged a tree brand green jigged bone barlow. The ulster and the barlow had some cosmetic issues but we're functionality sound and not abused. So they were cheap. A bit of love and I was able to get them into very servicable shape. Then topped them off with a couple of 22 degree primary bevels and 25 degree micro bevels.

Thank you sir !!! Sounds like you made some GREAT finds !!!

I'm blown away with the fit and finish on the Ben Hogan. It's as good or better than any GEC/Northfield/Tidioute I've handled. There is NO blade play what so ever opened or closed. All seams and transitions are spot on. I read one report of blade rapping on the back spring (non-lock back, different handle configuration) but I don't have that issue. This is a well made, substantially constructed 4 1/2" lock back folder. No half stop, very smooth walk and talk with "bank vault" lock up. Only 25 made at the time (2012) in this configuration.

I wanted a Ben Hogan lock back and searched EVERY authorized GEC dealer and this lock back made 01OCT12 was the ONLY Ben Hogan lock back listed on any dealer site. I figured being 3 years old, it must have been a return or something wrong with it ... BOY was I wrong !!! ... MAYBE ... it sat because no one wanted a #13 serial number, dunno. I think that just adds to it LOL.

I have a Tidioute #42 Indian Paint Brush jigged bone Missouri Trader lock back that will be here Tuesday ... and a Buck Chairman Series 301 Stockman is in route from KSF, who are currently relocating their business and I don't have shipping info on it yet.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Northwoods Presidential today ...

posted Hide Post
The late 50's-mid 60's ulster boy scout knife.

The green jigged boker barlow.

The burgundy coffin hen and rooster

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Beautiful knives, DSgrouse !!! That dang Scout looks new !!! ... Nice

... and Labor Day !!!
Swapped the NW Presidential for this Case American Workman Sod Buster Jr as ground SS skinner blade ...
(my boy Mason approves)

posted Hide Post
The main blade was heavily pitted. It was quite unseemly. It had "official boy scouts of America" acid etched on it. Probably only at 30% with the pitting. I removed the pitting and what was left of the acid etch to make it serviceable again, not bad for a 30 dollar gamble. Someone also made a current out to open the awl on the back side. I do not remember any of my bsk having that easy open cut out. It was not very well done. That being said this is a 90% perfect serviceable knife. The rest may be only 50% cosmetic. Beats 100 + for a 90/90 knife.

The boker had similar pitting on the back side of the blade. Different from the scuffs on the front side. I hade been wanting a green jigged barlow for a long while. This gives me a knife I can use daily on my property with out much concern for the effect that will have on it.

The three together.

I have had a migraine all day, so I have been put zing around with my case.

Changed out the bottom shelf to include my meager coins, and pens

The 2nd shelf up, watches and pocket knives.

Third shelf up pocket knives.

Top shelf, autos and tactical pokers.

I love the NWJ, I wish I new a good source for them. I only have one sod buster, it is a very functional design. I think I should get more......

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had been wanting a green jigged barlow for a long while. This gives me a knife I can use daily on my property with out much concern for the effect that will have on it.

I have a new affinity for green bone as well. My Northwoods Green Bone Slim Jack is one of my favorites. Green was also by far, my dad's favorite color.

posted Hide Post
Today's

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Some might say it's impractical, but I like french press
Totin' an Eland today ...

posted Hide Post
I prefer French press. It's my EDC (Every Day Coffee)

John 3:16
Sig 224,228,229,220,226,1911's, 938,220 carry, 239, 365, 225, 210. I come here because my addiction looks ok compared to your collections : )

Posts: 387 | Location: Indy area | Registered: December 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Qwerty357:
I prefer French press. It's my EDC (Every Day Coffee)

^^^ HA !!! Big Grin ... Nice