SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Hobbs,

That knife is exquisite!

Very glad for you, sir.

Please post more, when it arrives Big Grin

(arm twisted, hope i can resist... this place costs a goodly amount of cheddar, but worth it Wink )

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Been carrying my ZT 0350 since I changed the scales to VZ Carbon Fiber, big improvement!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Just got a 3 inch wharnie edc from David Mirabile.

Very nice, Mitch, you know that's right up my alley!!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Arrived by brown truck MUCH sooner than I expected. First impressions are that if you want impeccable fit and finish, you absolutely need to pick one out in person.

There are small irregular gaps around the backspring and they aren't uniform to both sides of the spring, nor the length of the spring. Good walk, but forget the talk ... you must walk the blade down when closing or it WILL impact the backspring just behind the blade tip. Out of the box, the blade edge will require some attention. All that said, the noted minor imperfections are only noticeable on close examination, the Briarwood is impeccable, the knife operates smoothly, isn't a nail breaker, just right, and feels very nice in the hand. There is no blade play and blade is centered. A Forge de Laguiole leather pocket slip should arrive soon and it will all go for a test ride in my jeans.

The "3494" is a laser etch personalization as much to simply have something on the pile side as because of personal significance (not my last 4 Wink )

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's quite a looker, there. Love those briarwood scales.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Zero Tolerance 0562ti arrived yesterday.
Interesting knife with a unique sounding blade deployment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Laguiole knife (pronounced in old Occitan as "LAYOL") by Fontenille Pataud arrived today and getting pocket time. Handmade in France. Okay so maybe I don't pronounce "France" correctly either LOL.

Fit and finish of this Fontenille Pataud is noticeably better than my Forge de Laguiole knife although there is no show stopper there either. I like them both about the same ... but for different reasons HA.

... and from the website ...

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Cold Steel Kudu Lite. I have the ratchet lock back version of the Kudu, but this half stop folder is MUCH less fiddly and so light weight it rides the pocket nicely and virtually disappears. Fit and finish is better than many premium pocket knives. Will rinse clean with little to no fuss. Best $7.64 folding pocket knife out there today. 5Cr15MoV steel (thought to be similar to 420HC) comes sharp out of the box. Great knife !!! Would be a very nice inexpensive stocking stuffer.

My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
The pocket-o-indecisiveness.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I followed James Helm's knives for a few years. He's a good guy that won Forged in Fire a couple of years ago. I saw him post up this Tanto the other day and couldn't resist.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
he is a great guy. we have talked about sharing a table at Blade for a while now. our schedules just never seem to work out. he builds quality blades and seems to have boundless energy. very busy man these days.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Cheap and Crude ... pick two
Pointy and Sharp ... pick two more
Okapi Carbon Steel Half-Stop Folder

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I followed James Helm's knives for a few years

He seems like a great guy and I enjoy his posts on Bladeforums. That's got to be the smallest one I've seen from him?

I'd love one of his knives but most are huge zombie slayers.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:

I really like that.....How do I get one?

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i am still working on my next carry piece. i have been wanting to do another large framelock folder for myself. finally decided to make the time for it. they don't look like much at this stage, but it will come to life later this week.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys have so many excellent examples of knives, I may cause Santa this year to have a back problem carrying some new items I want.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
my new carry folder is coming along nicely.

dozer

Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Emerson ETAK B.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I liked the zt0562ti so much I bought another one.
Used , so it’ll be my in my EDC rotation & the other will be in my collection.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post