SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Starting out 2017 with one of my all time favorites; Spyderco Embassy Auto.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ultramagnus
posted Hide Post

--------------THINK ABOUT IT TWICE, Cause you're slow with your hands

Posts: 347 | Location: philadelphia/ FT Riley | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
I'm just curious... I see pages of knives with hardly a scuff mark, are you guys using these at all?

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Define use.
I have many knives for hard "industrial" use, i.e.: cutting up large heavy duty cardboard boxes with lots of staples to be pried out. The nicer knives are carried for mostly non-industrial use but they will get scuffed up if the need arises.

On occasion I will carry both types.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
I'm just curious... I see pages of knives with hardly a scuff mark, are you guys using these at all?

I use all my knives, I have no safe queens. BUT, I do give them the royal treatment (clean, lube, polish) after carrying them, so most of the wear that they show to the naked eye just isn't visible in photos. All of the knives in the photo below get carried and used regularly. From left to right I've used them for 6, 2, 1, and 13 years (approximately). You can clearly see the wear on the 13 year old, but not on the 6, even though there are numerous scratches on the blade.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ultramagnus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:

i rarely use mine. always carry one but typically reach for my multitool or a swiss army knife to do most things

Posts: 347 | Location: philadelphia/ FT Riley | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I'm carrying a Barlow again. And yes, mine get used.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Since concealed carry laws relaxed a lot this past year in our state, I've been carrying either a balisong or auto regularly.

This one seems to find its way into my pocket frequently.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ultramagnus:

That's sexy. Can you elaborate, especially on the wood?

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ultramagnus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ASKSmith:
quote:
Originally posted by Ultramagnus:

That's sexy. Can you elaborate, especially on the wood?

sure and thank you.

its the blade from a 520 Presidio.
and the wood handle from a large Bone Collector Axis, i believe model 15020-2. the blades swap perfectly.

FBHO
posted Hide Post
Cryo, one of my favorite EDC.

P1000311 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/146780422@N05/][/url]

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
screenshot program

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
More than 30 years knife.

My dad got it as a gift in 1983. I Wear it rarely and respectfully.

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
^^Very cool vemon.

I started EDC my Wil Stegner Custom...

after it has been in my desktop knife display case for the last 7+ years.

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Thanks Z06. Your custom is very good! You can hear a few words about his lock?

CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
After the release of the Spyderco Para 3, it's the only knife I currently own as it kicked the Delica and Benchmade Ritter Mini Griptilian out of my pockets.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
vemon, it is basically a lift-to-unlock the blade design. I don't believe Wil still makes this type any longer.

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Z06
Thank you sir, I've never met this type of lock.

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
vemon
I had never seen this either until I met Mr. Stegner at one of our Washington Arms Collectors (Puyallup WA) gun & knife shows. I later asked him if he could modify mine to an auto since Arizona is good to go for switchblades. It was not legal for him to do the conversion in WA.

But, I did get a pair of Italian Autos @ a huge 3-Day gun show here in Phoenix AZ.