SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

With the lightning fast OTF deployment of its razor sharp double-edged dagger blade stretching out to ONE & 15/16th INCHES of steel mayhem… no envelope, even in California, is safe from its cutting and slashing power!

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
A couple Chaves knives arrived today.
The Liberation 229 is in my pocket today.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mr.sig239,

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I ordered this from a knifemaker on BladeForums, David Landry. He's in Canada and after a couple of weeks it made it to Lance Nixon in NE for a sheath. Then after two weeks traveling the west it made it to me. Now it'll be off to NJ as a birthday gift. Well travelled!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

GrumpyBiker, Chavez makes a good-looking knife, and yours looks great.

I have often wondered about the relatively sharp, square corners of the handles, especially at the pinky end. Do they bother you or rub holes in your pants?

I realize clipping these to your pocket may mitigate that to some extent, but whether in your pocket or clipped to it, I'd be interested in what you think of this.

Thanks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

GrumpyBiker, Chavez makes a good-looking knife, and yours looks great.

I have often wondered about the relatively sharp, square corners of the handles, especially at the pinky end. Do they bother you or rub holes in your pants?

I realize clipping these to your pocket may mitigate that to some extent, but whether in your pocket or clipped to it, I'd be interested in what you think of this.

Thanks.

On this Liberation the hard corners are much more noticeable in the hand.
Not enough to cause me to not want to carry or use it.
But it wouldn’t be my knife of choice for an extended cutting job.

Now the Redencion, it’s handle & pocket clip is larger & I don’t notice the corners at all on it.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Grumpy Biker.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post

It balances the phone in my other pocket.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
That looks like my 40 year old Buck 110. I received a new Buck 110 yesterday. It looks a lot like the one pictured above but, for one thing, it doesn't have the thumb nail thingy to open it with. That's a hint. Big Grin

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Drop point? I had a regular 110 given to me by my father 40 years ago, but it was stolen in 2014. I decided to get another one a few years ago except with an SV30 blade. Feels just like my first one. My boys, 14 and 11, think it’s the coolest knife I have, so I told them straight As for a year will get them one. They’ve come close.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Clip point on both of mine.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
Kershaw Link 1776T.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nothing says classic like a Buck 110.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
My week with the Chaves Liberation has passed.
Onto carrying the Chaves Redencion for a bit.
Love this chunk of Titanium & M390

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Carried my Cold Steel Voyager for today's adventures.

Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Today I'm carrying one of the less common large Chris Reeve Sebenza 21s:

This one has an Insingo blade with dual thumb studs. Nothing exotic but also not the everyday model.

Otherwise, it's an M390 Spyderco PM2 with a deep carry clip.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post