SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Toting a classic ZT 0560

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to be carrying this but a friend will. I ordered this from knifemaker Phillip
Patton, he did a great job. It's forged, 6" blade, Micarta, a tapered tang and a leather sheath. My friend and his family camp a lot on the UP, I think this will serve him well and he can hand it down to his son.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's a great looking knife, UTsig. A find gift for a friend.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Emerson Tiger.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:

Great looking 1.5! I really like the Laconicos. I have a Keen & this XLC. I'm seriously considering a 2.0.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Condor Otzi

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
EDC-ing this "assisted-folder" from Off Grid knives. Nice alternative to carrying my more expensive ZT's.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Condor Otzi

That thing is sooooo cool!!! Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
That thing is sooooo cool!!! Smile

Neat idinit. Thanks Smile

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Camillus ~ New York USA

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
My Christmas gift. A Swiza TT03 that has a blade, reaming tool, bottle & wine opener, tick removal tool, tweezers, etc.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Great Eastern Cutlery's Tidioute brand ...
Missouri Trader #421114LB
Indian Paint Brush Jig Bone
1095 Carbon Steel

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I just received this DEK 1 from Nathan Carothers, my fourth knife of his. I'll be sending it out for some wood and a leather sheath. I rally like the size of this one, slightly smaller than his Field Knife.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
EDC-ing this "assisted-folder" from Off Grid knives. Nice alternative to carrying my more expensive ZT's.

I’ve been wanting to try one of these out or the Rhino. How do you like the Rapid Fire? Any pros or cons to mention? Thanks for any input. Their site states that their knives are made by We, Bestech and “Taiwan partners”. The updated one sounds even better. Thanks!

Rapid Fire Blackout - **Updated design with Cryo D2, super deep pocket clip, tip up left or right, same lightning quick Rapid Fire deployment, T8 body screws.

Posts: 18 | Registered: October 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
First, let me say; thanks for the "shout-out" TR. As you've probably already guessed, the Rapid Fire is not, a $240 dollar ZT300-series, folder-clone. The are a great EDC-knife, if you know, what your looking-at. They are razor-sharp right-from-the-box, well-constructed, and come with a deep-carry clip. The new ones are made with D2 steel, as opposed to AUS8. I was a little indifferent about it, after it came. But after a couple of weeks, I've really warmed-up to this folder. The 'speed-assist' on these takes a little while to break-in. The are a little stiff at first, but they break-in; after about forty-cyles, and some first-rate lube. The G10 is crisp, and well-defined on the scales. Blade feels really solid in-the-hand, with a solid liner lock-up. Hard to go-wrong for $80 bucks, and worth the outlay. Especially, if your not-inclined to spend 'big-dollars' on the legacy brands. Hope, this helped you out.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Tied up a lanyard for today’s zt 0562ti carry.
Digging the .380 “lanyard bead”.
Swapped a .45acp case head for the overtravel stop.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
CASE Office Knife
Natural bone, full tang, 154 CM
Got a whole desk to tote it for me

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hobbs,