SIGforum
What are you carrying or totin' today ??

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/7370099373

December 22, 2020, 06:22 AM
GrumpyBiker
What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Toting a classic ZT 0560

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

December 24, 2020, 08:58 PM
Kravashera

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein
December 25, 2020, 10:36 AM
UTsig
I'm not going to be carrying this but a friend will. I ordered this from knifemaker Phillip
Patton, he did a great job. It's forged, 6" blade, Micarta, a tapered tang and a leather sheath. My friend and his family camp a lot on the UP, I think this will serve him well and he can hand it down to his son.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.
December 25, 2020, 05:19 PM
P220 Smudge
That's a great looking knife, UTsig. A find gift for a friend.

December 25, 2020, 10:00 PM
Ogie
Emerson Tiger.
December 26, 2020, 07:41 AM
Ironbutt
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:

Great looking 1.5! I really like the Laconicos. I have a Keen & this XLC. I'm seriously considering a 2.0.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell
December 28, 2020, 08:00 AM
Hobbs
Condor Otzi

January 14, 2021, 04:57 PM
eTripper
EDC-ing this "assisted-folder" from Off Grid knives. Nice alternative to carrying my more expensive ZT's.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch
January 15, 2021, 08:41 AM
cslinger
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Condor Otzi

That thing is sooooo cool!!! Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
January 15, 2021, 01:16 PM
Hobbs
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
That thing is sooooo cool!!! Smile

Neat idinit. Thanks Smile
January 15, 2021, 01:19 PM
Hobbs
Camillus ~ New York USA

January 15, 2021, 02:21 PM
h2oys
My Christmas gift. A Swiza TT03 that has a blade, reaming tool, bottle & wine opener, tick removal tool, tweezers, etc.

January 16, 2021, 01:33 PM
Hobbs
Great Eastern Cutlery's Tidioute brand ...
Missouri Trader #421114LB
Indian Paint Brush Jig Bone
1095 Carbon Steel

January 17, 2021, 09:21 AM
UTsig
I just received this DEK 1 from Nathan Carothers, my fourth knife of his. I'll be sending it out for some wood and a leather sheath. I rally like the size of this one, slightly smaller than his Field Knife.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.
January 17, 2021, 07:13 PM
Tower_Rat
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
EDC-ing this "assisted-folder" from Off Grid knives. Nice alternative to carrying my more expensive ZT's.

I’ve been wanting to try one of these out or the Rhino. How do you like the Rapid Fire? Any pros or cons to mention? Thanks for any input. Their site states that their knives are made by We, Bestech and “Taiwan partners”. The updated one sounds even better. Thanks!

Rapid Fire Blackout - **Updated design with Cryo D2, super deep pocket clip, tip up left or right, same lightning quick Rapid Fire deployment, T8 body screws.
January 19, 2021, 09:45 PM
eTripper
First, let me say; thanks for the "shout-out" TR. As you've probably already guessed, the Rapid Fire is not, a $240 dollar ZT300-series, folder-clone. The are a great EDC-knife, if you know, what your looking-at. They are razor-sharp right-from-the-box, well-constructed, and come with a deep-carry clip. The new ones are made with D2 steel, as opposed to AUS8. I was a little indifferent about it, after it came. But after a couple of weeks, I've really warmed-up to this folder. The 'speed-assist' on these takes a little while to break-in. The are a little stiff at first, but they break-in; after about forty-cyles, and some first-rate lube. The G10 is crisp, and well-defined on the scales. Blade feels really solid in-the-hand, with a solid liner lock-up. Hard to go-wrong for $80 bucks, and worth the outlay. Especially, if your not-inclined to spend 'big-dollars' on the legacy brands. Hope, this helped you out.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch
January 21, 2021, 06:08 PM
Z06

January 21, 2021, 08:31 PM
GrumpyBiker
Tied up a lanyard for today’s zt 0562ti carry.
Digging the .380 “lanyard bead”.
Swapped a .45acp case head for the overtravel stop.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

January 24, 2021, 12:17 AM
eTripper

January 26, 2021, 03:48 PM
Hobbs
CASE Office Knife
Natural bone, full tang, 154 CM
Got a whole desk to tote it for me

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hobbs,