SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
This thing is ridiculously thin behind the edge. I’m going to be bummed when I eventually scratch it up, but it’s too good of a slicer not to use.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Was talking Schrade Cutlery one day with Eric Albers and I told Eric I was disappointed with the fading Delrin handle on my Russell Barlow Commemorative Issue by Schrade and asked if he could put some sawcut bone on to freshen my knife up. He said, "I'll tell you what. I've got some fossilized Mammoth that I've had for about 30yrs just waiting on a project. Would you like that instead of bone?" ... and the rest as they say, is history.

Posts: 4698 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
For the next week I’ll be carrying my ZT452CF that arrived on Wednesday.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Northfield #99 Wall Street
Smooth Autumn Gold bone
1095 Wharncliffe lockback
... and a mug of tea brewing

Posts: 4698 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#mangomargaritamonday

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Case Hammerhead

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Today I’m carrying a budget stiletto flipper by CJRB (Artisan Cutlery) Briar.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Benchmade auto I have with me most often.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
"The Demo knife". United States Government Spec MIL-K-818D. NSN: 5110-00-162-2205. Camillus.
No blade discoloration. Shadow.
Pocket sheath is one off. Really helps. Keeps the knife upright and from wearing hole in jeans pocket.
Top leather is half the thickness of bottom/back piece.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Today I swapped out the black G10 for natural (jade) G10 on the Spyderco Shaman so it’s in my pocket for a couple days of joy.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

posted Hide Post
GrumpyBiker link to the mat pictured. Thanks

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
GrumpyBiker link to the mat pictured. Thanks

Soldering Mat Pad large Silicone Heat Resistant 932°F Welding Blanket Project Workbench Board Welding Blanket Electronics Mat for Heat Gun Soldering Iron Station Electronic Repair Kit (13"X 9") Black

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077..._api_i_tLU4Eb657HDXG

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
"The Demo knife". United States Government Spec MIL-K-818D. NSN: 5110-00-162-2205. Camillus.
No blade discoloration. Shadow.
Pocket sheath is one off. Really helps. Keeps the knife upright and from wearing hole in jeans pocket.
Top leather is half the thickness of bottom/back piece.

I have the same one, same date too I think. It has never been used

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I have the same one, same date too I think. It has never been used

1991 is the date on this one. I always had a problem trying to get a good edge on my Camillus knives. Few years ago, picked up a Ken Onion Work Sharp and problem solved. That Demo pictured is very sharp. I also have a Camillus TL-29 lineman electrician knife ... used and abused as it rolled around in my toolbag. Kept a little safer now days.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
... almost forgot about my Rigger. Might have another Camillus or two floating around here somewhere if I look hard enough.

posted Hide Post

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Saturday with the boys ...
Great Eastern Cutlery #15 Boys Knife.
A well proportioned single blade folder with half stop. This one scary sharp.
Reminds me of my first pocket knife my grandfather gave me when I was 7 ... except it didn't have 1095 steel or a jigged red bone handle.

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I’m carrying this Zero Tolerance 460 today& trying to like it.
But I’m just not loving this thing.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%