SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
Hobbs...

I pop into this thread from time to time just to see some cool knives, and yours never fail to disappoint. I'm someone who thinks of himself as having a lot of knives; hell, I know I've got a lot of knives, but you must have a gazillion! And most of them seem to be not high-tech modern ones. A man after my own heart. But tell me something: how do you carry yours? Many are pretty large for true pocket carry. Are they really just in a pants pocket? Don't they seem weighty and/or bulky/cumbersome? By the way, I liked Jan 03; I have a special fondness for rigging knives.

Thanks amals !!! Every one I've posted, I pocket carry. I only wear jeans, so they ride well. Sometimes I use a leather pocket sleeve. I have several. A couple of knives have pocket clips. Some I've posted are suitable for belt carry too of course. If one is particularly pocket heavy (Buck 110 size), I may not carry it all day ... or I may wear on the belt. If I ever wear anything dressier than jeans, I chose one of my smaller thinner lighter knives or just go with the Victorinox Alox Cadet ... which also fits quite nicely in the watch pocket of my jeans. I removed the keyring feature on the Cadet, just got in the way.

On a side note, I almost pulled the trigger on a Benchmade Osborne 940 last night, but found the AXIS lock has springs and although not common by any means, read of them breaking !!! ... too many moving parts and stuff to wear out and break LOL. I'll stick mostly to the traditional stuff I guess ... but still thinking about that 940 ... HA

... and can't start a new page without a knife pic ...

Great Eastern Cutlery Northfield 735115 Scout. A single blade half-stop drop point square end trapper in Cocobolo Wood. Cloud shield. 1095 Steel. 3 3/4" closed

EDIT: ... pocket carry except for the neck knife I posted and maybe some of the larger Mora knives ... I think I posted some of them?

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
Hobbs...

I pop into this thread from time to time just to see some cool knives, and yours never disappoint. I'm someone who thinks of himself as having a lot of knives; hell, I know I've got a lot of knives, but you must have a gazillion! And most of them seem to be not high-tech modern ones. A man after my own heart. But tell me something: how do you carry yours? Many are pretty large for true pocket carry. Are they really just in a pants pocket? Don't they seem weighty and/or bulky/cumbersome? By the way, I liked Jan 03; I have a special fondness for rigging knives.

Thanks amals !!! Every one I've posted, I pocket carry. I only wear jeans, so they ride well. Sometimes I use a leather pocket sleeve. I have several. A couple of knives have pocket clips. Some I've posted are suitable for belt carry too of course. If one is particularly pocket heavy (Buck 110 size), I may not carry it all day ... or I may wear on the belt. If I ever wear anything dressier than jeans, I chose one of my smaller thinner lighter knives or just go with the Victorinox Alox Cadet ... which also fits quite nicely in the watch pocket of my jeans. I removed the keyring feature on the Cadet, just got in the way.

On a side note, I almost pulled the trigger on a Benchmade Osborne 940 last night, but found the AXIS lock has springs and although not common by any means, read of them breaking !!! ... too many moving parts and stuff to wear out and break LOL. I'll stick mostly to the traditional stuff I guess ... but still thinking about that 940 ... HA

... and can't start a new page without a knife pic ...

Great Eastern Cutlery Northfield 735115 Scout. A single blade half-stop drop point square end trapper in Cocobolo Wood. Cloud shield. 1095 Steel. 3 3/4" closed

EDIT: ... pocket carry except for the neck knife I posted and maybe some of the larger Mora knives ... I think I posted some of them?

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for my double/triple post; I tried to correct my original statement. I meant to say Hobbs's knives never disappoint (not, "never fail to disappoint"), but you get the idea, I think; he's got a bunch of cool knives!

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Tidioute Cutlery release from Great Eastern. Missouri Pattern #421114LB. 4 1/4" closed. Indian Paint Brush jig bone. 1095 steel. Relatively thin for the size. An easy jeans pocket carry.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Northwoods Indian River Jack
Smooth natural bone CPM 154 steel

My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Benchmade Adamas auto.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Interesting blade, venom. Wouldn't it need really tight tolerances for it to lock open positively? Are those pins proud of the scales? Does it lock closed?

I see now it's a balisong, ignore my questions. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ripley,

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Cadet

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:

A total impulse buy on my part. That is a beautiful knife and I cannot wait for it to arrive. Thanks for sharing.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Interesting blade, venom.
I see now it's a balisong

Yes, small EDC balisong:

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Cold Steel Eland
Sorry 'bout the hat on the table. Forgot what mama said

My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

A total impulse buy on my part. That is a beautiful knife and I cannot wait for it to arrive. Thanks for sharing.

Always happy to help a fellow addict Wink

It has become my edc for when I’m in the office.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I REALLY like that Lion Steel !!! Been eye-balling one for ages. Got too many with same blade shape and size, to pull the trigger. I hope to someday. Very nice

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Peanut

posted Hide Post

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Spyderco 'Keating' made the roster today!

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post