SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Totin' this Olive handled German made lockback today. Bout the same size as a Buck 110 but much lighter. Friedr Dick Cutlery is known for their chef and butcher's knives and this folding slicer touted as their chef's utility knife is a fine one.

Posts: 4699 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Totin' this Olive handled German made lockback today. Bout the same size as a Buck 110 but much lighter. Friedr Dick Cutlery is known for their chef and butcher's knives and this folding slicer touted as their chef's utility knife is a fine one.

Hobbs, Where did you purchase. That is beautiful.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tend to switch around, but the last couple weeks it's been a Case Sodbuster in CV steel.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:

Purchased several years ago from a guy in Bar Harbor, Maine. Quality German steel knife for a very reasonable price. They're hard to find and he's out of them right now (if you try to add to cart and it shows cart empty, he's out). He does seem to get a few each year. Maybe shoot him an email or call. His contact info is in the about us tab. I've ordered several times over the years and never a problem. Interestingly, he's always sent along a P38 or two can opener with each order LOL ... http://www.baryonyxknife.com/frdiclgeloha.html
EDIT: The Olive wood was a lighter color when new but darkened with use, occasional light oiling and hand rubbing. OH ... and although about the size of a Buck 110, it does not come with a sheath. Because of the wood handle and headless (no bolsters), it's light weight though and the shape rides the pocket nicely. Stainless steel liners make it a very sturdy knife and I like that it isn't necessary to have a nail nick on the (pinch lockback) blade. Very sleek. It's worthy of a custom leather sheath should I ever desire one, but it jeans pocket carries just fine. Few times I've briefly needed a sheath for it, I've just used one I have laying around.

Posts: 4699 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:

Purchased several years ago from a guy in Bar Harbor, Maine. Quality German steel knife for a very reasonable price. They're hard to find and he's out of them right now (if you try to add to cart and it shows cart empty, he's out). He does seem to get a few each year. Maybe shoot him an email or call. His contact info is in the about us tab. I've ordered several times over the years and never a problem. Interestingly, he's always sent along a P38 or two can opener with each order LOL ... http://www.baryonyxknife.com/frdiclgeloha.html
EDIT: The Olive wood was a lighter color when new but darkened with use, occasional light oiling and hand rubbing. OH ... and although about the size of a Buck 110, it does not come with a sheath. Because of the wood handle and headless (no bolsters), it's light weight though and the shape rides the pocket nicely. Stainless steel liners make it a very sturdy knife and I like that it isn't necessary to have a nail nick on the (pinch lockback) blade. Very sleek. It's worthy of a custom leather sheath should I ever desire one, but it jeans pocket carries just fine. Few times I've briefly needed a sheath for it, I've just used one I have laying around.

Thanks, I will check it out.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Mercator Black Cat

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
1st run numbered Spydies, always in the rotation.

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Christmas Eve carry
Buck 110, Damascus, Red Bone

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Columbia River Knife and tool M21-12G
Dual Locking Mechanism w/Veff Edge

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Christmas Day
Case Peanut, Stag with worked bolsters

posted Hide Post
Just started carrying my Ken Onion Leek from the sale before Christmas. This little thing is a pretty nice little blade.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Just started carrying my Ken Onion Leek from the sale before Christmas. This little thing is a pretty nice little blade.

Gave my son one of those in the blackwash finish with composite blade. Should have gotten two in that sale. Smile

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I've actually been carrying a folding utility knife for the past several months.
A Gerber EAB that I added a serrated blade.

I don't feel bad cutting on random stuff and worry about damaging my edge.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I like that. Where did you find the serrated blade Nismo or did you create it?

I'd long considered a Gerber EAB but after much consideration and research, settled on a WORKPRO and have three somewhere between here and the kitchen.

Well, that and this Schrade+ SS1 folding lockback with built in carabiner clip that I've had since the early 80's, handle some of my "cutting on random stuff".

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like that. Where did you find the serrated blade Nismo or did you create it?

I'd long considered a Gerber EAB but after much consideration and research, settled on a WORKPRO and have three somewhere between here and the kitchen.

I got the serrated blades from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Rapid-E...utility+knife+blades

They do great on cardboard and things like rope.
I love the EAB, they fit great in the small 5th pocket of a pair of jeans.
They are supposed to be designed to also double as a money clip, but I found the clip to be way too tight to hold a few bills.
I supposed you can bend the clip out some, but I'm afraid that the clip would pop off and break, so I never bothered using it that way.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Buck Solitaire from the chairman series
It's a 301 Stockman without a spey or sheepsfoot, just a clip point

Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Benchmade 950BK-1801 Rift.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
This GEC H73210 Canoe Pattern Hunter
Custom (left) pocket sheath by Mark @ Condos Custom Leather, Driftwood Texas