SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

US Made CRKT Carson Design M16-04Auto

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
The recently released Spyderco Lai Amalgam. It's been awhile since I've carried a Spyderco, but I'm really liking it so far.

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Great Eastern Cutlery #14 with burnt stag covers, a CB folder & G43

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
GCE61, I quite like both of those. Very nice, sir. Fairly similar in spirit to what I usually carry, I'll have to take a pic tomorrow.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Ötzi neck knife

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Hobbs, I'd never heard of MAM knives before. Neat, they're like a Portuguese version of the Opinel. For the price, I think I'll have to check one out. How do you like yours?

The MAM is neat, but that Otzi is a jaw-dropper. Very nice!

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
... and like an Opinel, the MAM knives can get to popping sharp quick. I have many various sized Opinel but prefer the MAM. For one, having flat sides, the MAM rides the pocket better and for the same size, the MAM is lighter than an Opinel. The drop point MAM is my favorite and I have one in Oak and one in Olive Wood on the way. The one pictured is Beechwood.

The Otzi version pictured is made in El Salvador by Condor. It's very primitive but nicely done in burnt American Hickory, twisted copper wire, leather and 1095 steel. Maybe similar in nature to the Morakniv Eldris, just not as modern. Most of Condor's products are offered in 1075 steel and would probably work fine on the Otzi but the 1095 is nice.

EDIT: Because of the unique frame lock on the MAM, you will NEVER find a blade centered in the handle. The blade when closed will ALWAYS rest to one side. No big deal and doesn't effect use, but thought I'd mention it. OH, and they do offer a (non-locking) friction folder in each model. They're GREAT inexpensive utility knives.

I mentioned the Morakniv Eldris and these are the two I have. Makes me appreciate the Otzi even more LOL ...

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Northwoods (2015) Indian River Jack ready to go for tomorrow. Had this Lansky set since the mid 70's. Stone shown is the finest (ceramic) but I have 4 diamond stones from very course to fine. Oh, the steel in the IRJ is CPM 154. Bone handle ...

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
KA-BAR Dog Head Coppersmith Barlow in root beer bone. Made for KA-BAR by Canal Street Cutlery.

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Cadet today

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Texas Jack; Chrome Vanadium (CV); clip and pen blades; peach seed jigged amber bone.

posted Hide Post

Benchmade 5750 Mini Presidio II Automatic

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Opinel No.6 Brazilian Rosewood
Omega Seamaster 18k and steel

well, maybe better than carrying ...

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post

10-7 1963 Det Spcl Ad by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i usually carry one of these along with an automatic of some sort.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, dozer, what do you keep it in?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
fitted leather pocket sheath with a spring clip. fits just right in my front jean pocket. i design it to sit deep in the pocket and pull it out with the lanyard. you never know it is there until you need it.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post