SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
New EDC: Benchmade HK MP5 DP Auto 154-CM

Picked this up at the Big SAR 3-day Gun Show (PHX) on Saturday.

Posts: 4028 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post

Sadly, Canal Street Cutlery is going or has gone out of business. I snagged one of the last production knives, in Bocote wood. The unopened blade is a sheepfoot blade. Both blades share a common backspring. This is a fine traditional pocket knife I'm sure to enjoy carrying and using. Some would hang onto this as a safe queen or something, but I use all my knives.

Posts: 4698 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My small Sebenza came back from the spa today. It looks amazing.

However, I have really taken a new liking to my old green mini CQC7 and will likely continue to carry it, as I did for over a decade.

The Sebenza is built like a bank vault, but now that it looks like new, I am reluctant to carry it every day.

My mini CQC7 is just like an old pair of jeans or a favorite pair of shoes that are broken in and just right.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
440C, Bocote and a goat skin sleeve today

Posts: 4698 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Old Good Godson:

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
My SOG Flash II has gone everywhere I have for many years, with complete satisfaction. It has to go in checked luggage on airplanes and left in the car at courthouses, but otherwise it is in my pocket, or in my hand.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Totin' this Northwoods Stockman
D2 Steel and Italian Jigged Bone
I'm told no Italians were harmed in the making of this knife ...
dunno

posted Hide Post
That is nice hobbs. How have you been? I am still carrying the vallotten and syderco firefly for the most part. I really like them both. That being said. I am rocking my 940-1 and my field and farm today.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Thanks D. I think that stockman was made by Queen for Northwoods ... maybe around 2010.

It's one of the better put together traditional pocket knives I own.

No blade rub anywhere. Walk and talk is superb. The jigged bone is smooth ... almost pocket worn out of the box ... no little catchy pieces of bone sticking up out of the jigging like so many new knives have until worn a bit.

I'm not a big fan of the stockman pattern but I do have this one and a Buck 301. That said, this one gets carried when I want to carry a stockman for a change of pace.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
2015 Northwoods Indian River Jack keeping company today
Vintage Diamond (not shown)/Ceramic Lansky purchased in late 70's

posted Hide Post
Today it is my buck stockman, vallotten, tread, vintage officers automatic with power meter, Streamlight led, and waterman fp.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Photo bombeded by Mason

but anyway ...

Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Emerson ETAK B.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My lion steel T.R.E and my Vallotten. I will try and get a photo up later.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A Chris Reeve Sebenza, a small one I purchased in 1998. It's a constant companion. I also have a Victorinox SAK, a Spartan.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
Lone Wolf Lobo Double Action Auto

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy, just a Kershaw Skyline.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Buck 500 this evening

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm going into San Francisco tonight where 3" is the max blade length so I'm going with my Leatherman Skeletool and a metal pen.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post