SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Case Mako in Zytel (nylon resin)

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I ended up using the q tac to open 80 40lb bags of lime and 15 50lb bags of fertilizer

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Nice. I ended up using the q tac to open 80 40lb bags of lime and 15 50lb bags of fertilizer

Git 'er done !!! Lol

I like that q tac knife in ATS 34. Bet it still has a pretty good edge even after all that cuttin'?

The pattern kind of reminds me of a utility knife I have my eyes on, but made by A. Wright & Son, in Rosewood and carbon steel ... so not as nice as that q tac Wink

I'm not going to pull the trigger on this one until the two knives I have on order come in first HA

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is still sharp. My main gripe is that it is stiff on opening. You *can* snap* it open. It takes a bit though. It is very stiff. Part of that is because the thumb stud us to close to the heel of my blade. The other than that it is a great knife.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Seems like more of the knives I'm getting lately are considerably stiffer too. I just think maybe they're well made and will take some break in time.

Little better picture of the Mako. This one isn't stiff by any means Lol.

posted Hide Post
Dan wesson guardian in 45acp, vic torino officer's automatic, 1935 esterbrook, buck stockman, queen canoe.

posted Hide Post
950 Rift

Posts: 483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAMAROMAN
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------

SIG P228 9mm
SIG P225(P6) 9mm
SIG P220 Super Match 45ACP
Remington 870
Ruger MK II

Posts: 2080 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson guardian in 45acp, victorinox officer's automatic, 1946 Parker plunger fountain pen, farm field maroon linen sod buster, Queen tear drop liner lock.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
... and now this one ...
Excellent leather, oak and steel for a pittance

posted Hide Post
I still go for the carbon opinels.

For today
hubertus rosewood stockman, boker redshield trapper, 1946 parker supervac, Dan wesson guardian in 45acp and Victorinox officer's automatic.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still go for the carbon opinels.

I wish the No.8 Garden came in Carbone

posted Hide Post
I wonder if they do special orders, maybe a sig forum set. Number 10 pruner carbon walnut, number 8 garden carbon walnut, number 5 carbon pocket In walnut....

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if they do special orders, maybe a sig forum set. Number 10 pruner carbon walnut, number 8 garden carbon walnut, number 5 carbon pocket In walnut....

I have NO idea Lol

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post

Picture of gmilitano
posted Hide Post
Kirby Lambert Shockwave. The pic is obviously not mine but my camera skills suck. Mine is serrated.

"Sometimes I wonder if this world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

Posts: 3936 | Location: Alabama | Registered: November 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
That is nice looking hobbs. I have been under the weather so no pocket knives while sick in bed.

Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
On the job today, it's a CRKT M16-13Z, a Vic Alox Pioneer with a Leatherman wave on the duty belt, next to the OC Big Grin

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post