SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Sharpening "Super" Steels - "Razor Sharp?"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharpening "Super" Steels - "Razor Sharp?" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well over 30 knives using the CBN stones. 30V, 35V, 90V, 110V, 4V, M4, M390.... The 110V and M4 are my knives, sharpened them a few different ways. The more I use the CBN stones, the more I like them. They do a fantastic job on the "Super" steels. The stones don't clog or build up, great feel....

https://www.practicalsharpening.com/edge-pro/

Getting great cutting results with a simple polished toothy edge. 300 grit, 700 grit then .25 diamond emulsion on a Nano cloth strop. Really like this edge on these steels. On my M4 have stropped it to .025, silly fine edge. BUT, I know that very fine edge is going away fast. Still fun!

Mentioned in a above post I geeked out and ordered some Rizla+ cigarette paper for a standard test media. About out of arm hair! Learned about using the paper here.

http://knifegrinders.com.au/Ma.../Sharpness_Chart.pdf

Long Push cut I believe is plenty sharp for a "working" knife, EDC or kitchen, easy shaving sharp. Both my knives in 110V and M4 will easily long cut with a simple 300/700/.25 strop edge. You know I'm going to try the cross cut! Three knives have passed that with just a smidge of tear. My favorite knife, our 210MM Gyuto freshly sharpened, my Spyderco PM2 in M4 and one that surprised me a Zero Tolerance 0770CF in 35V.

The PM2's sure have a heck of a point on them, challenge to keep it.....

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Well over 50 knives now with the CBN stones. Couldn't be happier with how they cut. Just sharpened this Spyderco Native LW 5 in Maxamet. I've read Maxamet could be tough to sharpen, I didn't find that the case with the CBN stones. I'll put it up there with M4 how easily it took a keen edge. Sharpened it at 32 degrees, 300, 700 grit, 1 micron diamond emulsion kangaroo strop and a few passes with .25 micron. Was careful not to form much of a burr. This edge has plenty of bite and will push cut with ease. Passed the cross cut paper test, very sharp with a simple edge. One of the kings of edge retention down, will be sharpening a Creely Mako in Rex 121 soon.

This edge is holding up very well. Makes me want a PM2 in Maxamet thinned out!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2920077254

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharpened this PM2 in M4 today. M4 is my favorite steel to sharpen, relatively easy to sharpen, takes a very fine edge.

30 degrees, 300, 700, 1500 CBN stones, Spyderco Ceramic Ultra Fine, dozen or so passes with .010 micron kangaroo strop. Very sharp, passes the cross cut test. The Spyderco UF does a great job as polishing stone.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful edge you put on that blade offgrid.

Posts: 10817 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Spyerdco PM2 in Maxamet. Factory edge was just OK. Give it a 5/10. Gotta touch it up! Matched the factory edge of 34 degrees. Factory scratch pattern was equivalent to my 300 grit CBN stone. Started with 300 grit creating a very thin burr, flipped it over moved the burr to other side. Then 700 grit CBN followed by a 1 micron kangaroo strop, just a few very light passes. It's very sharp with some bite, substantially sharper then the factory edge. I find with the CBN stones Maxamet is very easy/quick to sharpen. I'm liking this steel. I'll EDC the Maxamet until it shows signs of losing the edge, might take awhile! Then I'll touch it and my PM2 in S110V up and do a edge retention test. Fun stuff!

posted Hide Post
Offgrid, I just ordered a couple of the CBN stones after reading your reviews several times. Looking forward to seeing how well they work! Thanks for your reviews even if they cost me a few hundred! LOL

Have you ever tried any of the less expensive organic bonded versions? I went with the metallic bonded ones - in for a penny in for a pound but did wonder about the differences between them.......dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Offgrid, I just ordered a couple of the CBN stones after reading your reviews several times. Looking forward to seeing how well they work! Thanks for your reviews even if they cost me a few hundred! LOL

Have you ever tried any of the less expensive organic bonded versions? I went with the metallic bonded ones - in for a penny in for a pound but did wonder about the differences between them.......dj

Cool! What grit stones? Steels you’re going to be sharpeneing?

I have not tried any of the other bonded stones.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
quote:

Cool! What grit stones? Steels you’re going to be sharpeneing?

I have not tried any of the other bonded stones.

I ordered the 400,1000,4000, and 8000grit metallic bonded stones for the Edgepro. I have a couple S90V knives a S110V Spyderco Military, several ZDP-189 knives, and various others.

My current favs on the Edgepro are the Shapton Glass stone set. It might be interesting to see the differences in them. I suspect the the Shaptons might still see a lot of use for less complex steels and the CBN's for more complex steels with a lot of carbides but we'll see. My Microscope is quite powerful enough to see the actual carbides in the edges like the pics in your links were but I might still be able to get a good comparison.

All in all another expensive but potentially very useful and fun experiment in sharpening! :-)

I also order a couple of the Venev Diamond stones, Diamond stones aren't my favorite but I'm intrigued about the advantages of a bonded diamond stone vs a coated one.

We'll see about the cigarette paper later! ;-D

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Following!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharpened my first blade with the CBN edge pro stones. The 400 stone was a little too slow to set the edge on my S90V Spyderco Military so I reset the bevel with an Aotama Diamond stone which is FAST but leaves some nasty scratches. I got down to a very sharp edge but which still had to many scratches in the pattern and not a mirrored edge like I expected. I thought it was due to the Aotama but it turned out that the edges of the CBN stones were too sharp and were causing the extra scratches. I knocked off the edges or the stones with a little diamond plate and started over. The stones were just GREAT! One of the sharpest edges I've ever done. I had to be extra careful in my normal "Murray Carter" style 3 fingers and a thumb grabbiness test, I could barely touch the edge without it digging into my fingers. Of course it glided through magazine paper and popped hair without touching skin. It's sometimes hard to describe exactly how keen an edge is but this one was as good as I've ever done and was the first blade I've done with the CBN stones. So first impression is very expensive but awesome stones.

I also REALLY liked the Venev diamond stones. IMHO EVERYBODY should at least try the little pocket stone! Amazon carries them for less than $10 and it should be a no brainer to try one and then have it for your field kit. MUCH the best diamond stones I've ever used. They feel much more like a regular water stone than any of the coated technology diamonds I've ever used (and I've tried most). I was extremely impressed. Do yourself a favor and at least try the little $9.60 pocket stone from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Pocket-...292&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Let me know if you disagree with me. :-)

I can't wait for them to get the finer grit pocket stones back in!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Sharpened my first blade with the CBN edge pro stones. The 400 stone was a little too slow to set the edge on my S90V Spyderco Military so I reset the bevel with an Aotama Diamond stone which is FAST but leaves some nasty scratches. I got down to a very sharp edge but which still had to many scratches in the pattern and not a mirrored edge like I expected. I thought it was due to the Aotama but it turned out that the edges of the CBN stones were too sharp and were causing the extra scratches. I knocked off the edges or the stones with a little diamond plate and started over. The stones were just GREAT! One of the sharpest edges I've ever done. I had to be extra careful in my normal "Murray Carter" style 3 fingers and a thumb grabbiness test, I could barely touch the edge without it digging into my fingers. Of course it glided through magazine paper and popped hair without touching skin. It's sometimes hard to describe exactly how keen an edge is but this one was as good as I've ever done and was the first blade I've done with the CBN stones. So first impression is very expensive but awesome stones.

I also REALLY liked the Venev diamond stones. IMHO EVERYBODY should at least try the little pocket stone! Amazon carries them for less than $10 and it should be a no brainer to try one and then have it for your field kit. MUCH the best diamond stones I've ever used. They feel much more like a regular water stone than any of the coated technology diamonds I've ever used (and I've tried most). I was extremely impressed. Do yourself a favor and at least try the little $9.60 pocket stone from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Pocket-...292&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Let me know if you disagree with me. :-)

I can't wait for them to get the finer grit pocket stones back in!

My experience with the Atoma 400 grit vs CBN 300. CBN cut faster/digs in and better feel. I don't care for the Atoma stone other then using it to flatten Shapton/Chosera stones.

Before sharpening these steels I certainly was in the polished edge camp, no longer. I like the edge of a 300/700/few light passes with 1 micron strop. I'll still sharpen to a polished mirror edge for friends, that's fun. For my own knives and how I use them prefer the performance of the toothy/stropped edge. Suggest to try finishing with with a strop/1 micron and maybe picking up a 150-200 grit CBN stone if you want faster removal when re-profiling an edge.

Order the Green Rizla+ cigarette papers so were comparing same test cut media!! Keep you from shaving all the hair off your arms! Length cut test I believe is a good edge for EDC and a reasonable place to stop.

posted Hide Post
quote:

My experience with the Atoma 400 grit vs CBN 300. CBN cut faster/digs in and better feel. I don't care for the Atoma stone other then using it to flatten Shapton/Chosera stones.

Before sharpening these steels I certainly was in the polished edge camp, no longer. I like the edge of a 300/700/few light passes with 1 micron strop. I'll still sharpen to a polished mirror edge for friends, that's fun. For my own knives and how I use them prefer the performance of the toothy/stropped edge. Suggest to try finishing with with a strop/1 micron and maybe picking up a 150-200 grit CBN stone if you want faster removal when re-profiling an edge.

Order the Green Rizla+ cigarette papers so were comparing same test cut media!! Keep you from shaving all the hair off your arms! Length cut test I believe is a good edge for EDC and a reasonable place to stop.

I got the 120grit CBN metallic bonded stone. Worked great! It cut fast and relatively smoothly. Getting ready to try it on my S110V Spyderco.

I ordered some of the Green Rizla+ papers. For some reason shipping on them is super slow and it says I won't get them until July?? Oh well it should give me time to watch some vids or whatever to see which tests work best with them. Do you have any recommendations?

posted Hide Post
Where did you buy the CBN stones?

The two Youtube sharpeners. Big Brown Bear and Michael Christy. They certainly have different approaches. BBB toothy/strop edge. I appreciate how he's chasing super steels/hardness with the knives he's making. MC, goes as far as he can with a polsihed/mirror edge. I've taken some of the super steels to a polished edge (.025 strop), lotta work, more opportunity to mess up! I get the further we take a edge from dull, the longer it will last. Not sure it's worth the extra effort especially with a steels like S110V and Maxamet? I like seeing how sharp I can get a edge with the least amount of stones/strop. Long way push cut on the cigarette paper I believe is plenty sharp. The Native 5 Maxamet I sharpened, owner cuts packing banding, I knew that. He said he would have preferred just little more bite. If I sharpen it again, probably 300/700/5 micron strop or 300/strop. A polished edge would have done poorly for him. I've talked to Ken Schwartz, well know sharpening guru, bought some emulsion from him. He offers .003 micron emulsion, crazy fine! He's in MC camp. Also bought a few things from Jenede Industries, he's in the coarse stone, strop camp. Interesting talking to these guys, their approach. We simply have to figure out what edge works best for us or the people we sharpen for... I don't charge for sharpening, I enjoy it so much! Although a friend previously owned a restaurant, I sharpened 10-12 knives monthly for several years. Charged him a meal!

Beside learning how to sharpen these super steels to my liking. Also like to see how steep of an angle I can put on them. My S110V PM2 at 30 degrees is holding up great. Obviously that edge has limit, but so do all knives depending how we use them.

A few weeks ago bought some 1/8 thick Basswood. Adhered it to 1x6 aluminum blanks with double stick tape. Dirt ball simple to make. So far only tried it with 1 micron emulsion, worked great. Little easier to keep the edge keen, not roll it over... Basswood is a little harder then the more common Balsa-wood strops.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Where did you buy the CBN stones?

The two Youtube sharpeners. Big Brown Bear and Michael Christy. They certainly have different approaches. BBB toothy/strop edge. I appreciate how he's chasing super steels/hardness with the knives he's making. MC, goes as far as he can with a polsihed/mirror edge. I've taken some of the super steels to a polished edge (.025 strop), lotta work, more opportunity to mess up! I get the further we take a edge from dull, the longer it will last. Not sure it's worth the extra effort especially with a steels like S110V and Maxamet? I like seeing how sharp I can get a edge with the least amount of stones/strop. Long way push cut on the cigarette paper I believe is plenty sharp. The Native 5 Maxamet I sharpened, owner cuts packing banding, I knew that. He said he would have preferred just little more bite. If I sharpen it again, probably 300/700/5 micron strop or 300/strop. A polished edge would have done poorly for him. I've talked to Ken Schwartz, well know sharpening guru, bought some emulsion from him. He offers .003 micron emulsion, crazy fine! He's in MC camp. Also bought a few things from Jenede Industries, he's in the coarse stone, strop camp. Interesting talking to these guys, their approach. We simply have to figure out what edge works best for us or the people we sharpen for... I don't charge for sharpening, I enjoy it so much! Although a friend previously owned a restaurant, I sharpened 10-12 knives monthly for several years. Charged him a meal!

Beside learning how to sharpen these super steels to my liking. Also like to see how steep of an angle I can put on them. My S110V PM2 at 30 degrees is holding up great. Obviously that edge has limit, but so do all knives depending how we use them.

A few weeks ago bought some 1/8 thick Basswood. Adhered it to 1x6 aluminum blanks with double stick tape. Dirt ball simple to make. So far only tried it with 1 micron emulsion, worked great. Little easier to keep the edge keen, not roll it over... Basswood is a little harder then the more common Balsa-wood strops.

Thanks for the suggestion on Basswood Strops. Basswood should hold up a LOT better than balsa and is more available.

I bought my CBN Gritomatic stones from Amazon. With Prime I get free shipping and a lot of the stuff I ordered I got the next day. I just wish amazon carried the R1 Hapstone rig. ;-) I ordered the less expensive model because it looked like an upgraded edge pro Apex for less money. I should get it tomorrow and I'll let you know how it works.

I think we are in the same spot of trying to gauge a polished vs toothier edge. Doing some of the same cutting tasks with the s90v edge finished with the 8000 CBN stone is ripping through things as fast or faster than any edge I've ever done with polishing and stropping down to .5 micron. I'm still digesting the link you posted on apexing and the best ways to remove a burr for a lasting edge. Lot's of experimenting still to come. My Microscope only goes to 300x and probably doesn't have the resolution to see if the CBN is cutting and sharpening the carbides in more complex steels but eventually I'll try and do the best I can to see. All in all I'm having fun experimenting with different stones and techniques trying to perfect my sharpening. I really appreciate your input and encouragement on this thread Offgrid.

posted Hide Post
As a second thought, as much as I love the Venev diamond stones and the Gritomax Ukranian CBN stones I can't get the Gritomax CBN polishing compound to work worth a Crap! Too much greasy smeary compound to work at all. They seemed like a bargain but so far with the way they smear all over the edge have been completely useless to me. If you know how to make them work I'd love to hear it!

For what I've seen so far the Bark River and Ken Schwartz compounds are FAR superior.........

posted Hide Post
I got to try a couple new goodies today. I picked up a TSProf K02 from Amazon. Instead of ordering from Russia I saw it on Amazon ordered it and it was here in 2 days. Lots better than waiting on production and then shipping from Tsbilsi Russia.

The TSProf is WOW!!! I used the Edge Pro for years, The TSProf is in a whole new league. It's a very nicely made thing and has several extremely well thought out features. It's a clamped system with very versatile clamps and an awesome flip mechanism to do both sides. Another super slick feature is that the clamps will hold all sorts of stones. You could clamp a regular Waterstone in and make it work! If you are thinking of upgrading to the Ferrari version of guided sharpener this is it. It has 2 flats engineered in to use an angle guide with, It has spring loaded stone stops to keep from running your stone of the edge while helping you to use All of the length of the stone. One of it's BEST features is the length of the arm. Since the pivot point is much further away you don't change your grinding angle as severely as on a curved blade, this is a huge advantage. It's like moving your blade a couple times on the shelf for a longer knife. IMO the seriously well worth looking into, it's not cheap but isn't more than a couple nice knives either.

I have a Wicked Edge too and liked it for shorter blades. The WE is always going to be faster since you can work both sides at the same time. It's also going to be twice as expensive to buy stones and strops for since you need 2 of each! I'll probably only use the WE for doing lots of shorter blades and when I have less counter space.

I also looked into the Hapstone sharpeners available from Gritomatic (and Amazon). I chose the TSProf over the Hapstone R1 but I think a beginning sharpener might be a good bit better off with a $159 Hapstone M2 vs a more expensive EdgePro Apex. The Hapstone not only is less expensive but looks like it might be a better tool than the EdgePro flat out. The M2 has a magnetic shelf to hold knives steadier and a double point brace to hold a curved knife more accurately plus a support that slides up in front of the shelf to keep the blade from tipping. It seemed pretty impressive for $159 but I haven't used one yet. ;-)

Last but not least I tried the Gritomax triple set of diamond 1"x 6" stones. for $84 they are IMO a real bargain. They fit right into the TSProf and cut through S110 like butter. Might not be useable on an EdgePro but I'll probably end up with an extra set for travel etc. Pretty cool deal to get long lasting better technology bonded diamonds in 6 grits for less than $85 delivered.

Anyway I'm hoping that all this stuff will help me get my knives as nicely polished as Offgrids. I can get the gloss but not always without too many scratches. May end up liking the toothier stuff anyway. ;-)

Anyway Good Luck and Good Sharpening all!...........DJ

posted Hide Post
quote:
I got to try a couple new goodies today. I picked up a TSProf K02 from Amazon. Instead of ordering from Russia I saw it on Amazon ordered it and it was here in 2 days. Lots better than waiting on production and then shipping from Tsbilsi Russia.

The TSProf is WOW!!! I used the Edge Pro for years, The TSProf is in a whole new league. It's a very nicely made thing and has several extremely well thought out features. It's a clamped system with very versatile clamps and an awesome flip mechanism to do both sides. Another super slick feature is that the clamps will hold all sorts of stones. You could clamp a regular Waterstone in and make it work! If you are thinking of upgrading to the Ferrari version of guided sharpener this is it. It has 2 flats engineered in to use an angle guide with, It has spring loaded stone stops to keep from running your stone of the edge while helping you to use All of the length of the stone. One of it's BEST features is the length of the arm. Since the pivot point is much further away you don't change your grinding angle as severely as on a curved blade, this is a huge advantage. It's like moving your blade a couple times on the shelf for a longer knife. IMO the seriously well worth looking into, it's not cheap but isn't more than a couple nice knives either.

I have a Wicked Edge too and liked it for shorter blades. The WE is always going to be faster since you can work both sides at the same time. It's also going to be twice as expensive to buy stones and strops for since you need 2 of each! I'll probably only use the WE for doing lots of shorter blades and when I have less counter space.

I also looked into the Hapstone sharpeners available from Gritomatic (and Amazon). I chose the TSProf over the Hapstone R1 but I think a beginning sharpener might be a good bit better off with a $159 Hapstone M2 vs a more expensive EdgePro Apex. The Hapstone not only is less expensive but looks like it might be a better tool than the EdgePro flat out. The M2 has a magnetic shelf to hold knives steadier and a double point brace to hold a curved knife more accurately plus a support that slides up in front of the shelf to keep the blade from tipping. It seemed pretty impressive for $159 but I haven't used one yet. ;-)

Last but not least I tried the Gritomax triple set of diamond 1"x 6" stones. for $84 they are IMO a real bargain. They fit right into the TSProf and cut through S110 like butter. Might not be useable on an EdgePro but I'll probably end up with an extra set for travel etc. Pretty cool deal to get long lasting better technology bonded diamonds in 6 grits for less than $85 delivered.

Anyway I'm hoping that all this stuff will help me get my knives as nicely polished as Offgrids. I can get the gloss but not always without too many scratches. May end up liking the toothier stuff anyway. ;-)

Anyway Good Luck and Good Sharpening all!...........DJ

Ready for this?! I picked up TS-Prof also. Yep, TS-Prof is WOW!

posted Hide Post
quote:

Ready for this?! I picked up TS-Prof also. Yep, TS-Prof is WOW!

LOL, That's AWESOME!! If you have any great hints or observations with yours I'd certainly love to hear them. :-)

The one thing that so far I noticed and didn't see on any of the videos was the rest hook on the front stone overtravel bumper. It works great for holding the rod up while changing stones, setting the angle meter etc. I'm using a digital angle meter that I already have. Haven't used the analog one on the TSProf itself yet.....

Oh yea, These are the double sided diamond stones I mentioned:

https://www.amazon.com/Venev-B...r%2Caps%2C274&sr=8-4

For less than the price of some single stones you get 6 3mm thick bonded diamond stones. So far I really like them.

Glad to hear you got the TSProf! Have a good one.......

posted Hide Post
TS-Prof is great sharpener!

I'm using two clamps if I can on Spyderco knives because of their distal taper. Because of the long arm, knife can be a little off center. Mine came with springs in front of the stops. I replaced the springs with O-rings, prefer a more positive stop. With the springs I accidentally over came the front stop and mashed the holder on a nice edge, oops!! Didn't have the stop quite adjusted right.

I etched my CBN stones with Ferric Chloride last month. No big deal, non eventful! Did it outside, rubber gloves, long sleeve shirt, goggles, soak the stones for 10 minutes, rinse thoroughly. 1500 and finer stones cut a little more aggressively, not as much change on 300/700. Guessing I'm good for a hundred knives. My CBN stones did not come with aluminum backer plate. You'll have to remove your stones from the plate to etch.

https://www.digikey.com/produc...n?mpart=415-1L&v=473 Bought lots of stuff from them over the years, good service.

For a polished/mirror edge the Spyderco UF Ceramic is the ticket. Works well after the 1500 grit CBN. Bought it here https://jendeindustries.com/

Kangaroo strops and a bunch of these sleeves here http://www.oldawan.com/new-ite...1x6-edge-pro-stones/

Spyderco PM2 Maxamet edge is holding up great! Like to have a 8" Chef knife in Maxamet!

posted Hide Post
quote:
TS-Prof is great sharpener!

I'm using two clamps if I can on Spyderco knives because of their distal taper. Because of the long arm, knife can be a little off center. Mine came with springs in front of the stops. I replaced the springs with O-rings, prefer a more positive stop. With the springs I accidentally over came the front stop and mashed the holder on a nice edge, oops!! Didn't have the stop quite adjusted right.

I etched my CBN stones with Ferric Chloride last month. No big deal, non eventful! Did it outside, rubber gloves, long sleeve shirt, goggles, soak the stones for 10 minutes, rinse thoroughly. 1500 and finer stones cut a little more aggressively, not as much change on 300/700. Guessing I'm good for a hundred knives. My CBN stones did not come with aluminum backer plate. You'll have to remove your stones from the plate to etch.

https://www.digikey.com/produc...n?mpart=415-1L&v=473 Bought lots of stuff from them over the years, good service.

For a polished/mirror edge the Spyderco UF Ceramic is the ticket. Works well after the 1500 grit CBN. Bought it here https://jendeindustries.com/

Kangaroo strops and a bunch of these sleeves here http://www.oldawan.com/new-ite...1x6-edge-pro-stones/

Spyderco PM2 Maxamet edge is holding up great! Like to have a 8" Chef knife in Maxamet!

I look forward to trying out Maxamet. I haven't had a chance to yet. If you like ZDP-189 Cutlery and More has their Henkels ZDP-189 8" Chefs knife on sale right now, they call it "Ceramic" same steel different name, nice knife.

Kinda sucks needing to take the CBN's off the stone to etch them. One of them came off the plate when shipped and I glued it back on. I may just wait till another falls off before I decide to etch them.

Have you ever thought about one of these Edge on Up edge testers?

https://www.sharpeningsupplies...ge-Tester-P1563.aspx

Seems pretty cool but might be overkill for personal use and it's pretty much optimized for a polished push cut.

Thanks for the Links!