SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Experiance on Sharpening Systems. Thinking Edge Pro Apex vs Wicked Edge
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experiance on Sharpening Systems. Thinking Edge Pro Apex vs Wicked Edge Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at the KME?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
The Wicked Edge looks to be a nice system but I've not yet justified it costing multiples of an Edge-Pro. Of course if you add up the Tormek, 30-40 Waterstones, Ken Onion etc I've spent WAAAY more than the Wicked Edge overall. Still don't know that it's worth the money.

Watch the Murray Carter video's. He's WON actual sharpening competitions using 1000 and 6000 grit King waterstones and newspaper. You can buy a 1000/6000 grit stone for $40-$80 depending on the size.

With Sharpening, Skills are more important than the tools.

Yes, thats true but I just don't trust myself on the more expensive folders yet... Check out Micheal Christy channel, he also use handheld Diastone and turn any bevel into hair whittling sharp.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Magician
posted Hide Post
I am probably going to end up with the Edge Pro Apex system. I really want to get the WorkSharp Ken Onion w/ the blade grinding attachment for speed and convenience, but I am afraid I will mess up my knives.

I feel like the Apex system will also get knives sharper then the WorkSharp Ken Onion w/ the blade grinding attachment, but I am not exactly what the difference will be in practicality?

Posts: 1091 | Location: Winter Park, FL | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this was mentioned before or not, the Worksharp models will put a convex edge on your blades; the Edge Pro will be straighter, more of a full flat grind. This morning for touch ups on an M390 blade all I had to do was strop it using the Edge Pro and it's back to razor sharp (been using the M390 steel for the past week). I used the angle cube to quickly set up my strop at the recorded angle.

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Have you looked at the KME?

I have, and it looks like a solid deal with some great features.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles;
You just need better stones for the edge pro. If you want fast try the diamond stones from Chef knives to go. The Shaptons are extra nice......

I have diamond stones already, it's the setup that seems slow to me. I guess if you liked that kind of thing you'd be good to go, but I feel it's already a chore and don't want it to be 5 times as long as I need it to be. I had bought the Benchmade Kitchen knive set for my mom and she dulled them. I hauled the Edgepro over, but once there figured I'd rather sit down, have a highball and visit. Tossed the edgepro in the corner. Now I see that kit stuffed in the corner everytime I go over.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post