SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Bought a UTX-70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a UTX-70 Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
So I got my Combat Troodon sold to help fund my Dillon press.... and what did I do? Bought another Microtech of course. Roll Eyes It’s all right, it only delayed the Dillon purchase a week or two. I can’t recommend Southern Edges enough, dude is great to deal with. His lay away set up makes it very hard to resist. This UTX-70 should be here shortly.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those are cute little things.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I know it, it needed a home!

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking sticker!

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
She came today, my precious!

posted Hide Post
That makes for a great carry knife. Very nice

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
How strong is the blade?

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:
How strong is the blade?

I'm not sure what you mean. The blade is M390, and will hold an edge like nothing else.

If you mean how firmly attached to the handle, then what I can say is that it is no where near as strong as a fixed blade knife, and not as strong as a really heavy folder like an Emerson or a Hinderer.

It is plenty strong for an OTF auto. The blade won't collapse back into the handle absent some heavy pounding. The blade will probably come loose from using it as a prybar sooner than some folders. But you shouldn't use any folder as a prybar.

They are plenty strong for daily use. In fact, it is sort of remarkable how solid the lockup on them is, given what is going on in there. I guess that is why they aren't cheap.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I am not much for double edged blades the concept of full serrated one side and smooth on the other is interesting. As a left handed I have only found one model side opener from pro tech that was designed for left hand use, so the spine opener otf’s are more useful for me. Might just have to pick up a 70 to go with my 85 now. Just when I think I am done buying knives!

Posts: 3286 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post