SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Morakniv for sale in on Amazon for $11 shipped
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Morakniv for sale in on Amazon for $11 shipped Login/Join 
posted
In case you haven't seen the deal, Amazon has the Mora Companion for $11 Shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...N6W&tag=slickguns-20

Posts: 921 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, I ordered one for myself.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4172 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up several Companions recently at Sierra Trading Post. I think I have come to believe that Mora knives may be the best knife value on the planet. They make a lot of different styles that are well-designed, functional, ergonomic, sharp as hell, and inexpensive. I won't say "cheap", because they are not cheap; they just don't cost a lot. I like Mora knives.

Posts: 1399 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I see they also sell the stainless one for about a dollar more, would you guys recommend the carbon or stainless steel version? I plan on using this as a camp/truck knife.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne

Posts: 2385 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
I see they also sell the stainless one for about a dollar more, would you guys recommend the carbon or stainless steel version? I plan on using this as a camp/truck knife.

I just bought 2 of the carbon variety. I like carbon steel blades for my outdoor knives as they are very easy to sharpen and keep a useable edge under normal usage. Theses knives are raw steel (not coated) and will rust if not properly taken care of.

Posts: 398 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

If you are going to use this to cut fruit, meat, etc, and aren't willing/able to rinse and dry the blade after each such use, you might prefer the stainless model.

"ya gotta start in the morning if you're gonna drink all day"

Posts: 19022 | Location: Young American Teen Club | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
Never had one.
Didn't need one.
Bought one.

I hope to see it Monday.

Posts: 1600 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mekaus:
Thanks.
Never had one.
Didn't need one.
Bought one.

I hope to see it Monday.

Mine arrived today. I spent the afternoon playing with it and doing some simple chores. Good knife. For the money, a great knife. Mine wasn't really sharp upon arrival, but a few strokes on the ceramic hone, and it was perfect. Lightweight, comfortable in the hand, useful size. What isn't to like?

Posts: 4172 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dresden
posted Hide Post
I just bought 4 of them and will give 3 to my hunting partners for Antelope next month. Nice! Thanks for the heads up!

NRA Life Endowment Member
American Legion Life Member
Its only a hill, if you think its a hill. . .

Posts: 1584 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I ordered one also, I all ready have one, but for the price its worth owning 2.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Wow. A blast from the past. Back in the 80's my dad came back from Sweden from a business trip and he had 4 of the red handled classics and a chunk of dried venison.

He gave us kids the knives and we devoured that meat.

No idea what happened to the knife but now I know where to get a new one.

Thanks.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Posts: 4269 | Location: N-E Ohio | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
great knoves for the price. Easily the most popular knives ive seen on survival courses.

I wish they made the bushcraft model in orange WITH a carbon steel blade, only the black model had the carbon blade, the orange one is stainless.

Posts: 4002 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:
Thanks.
Never had one.
Didn't need one.
Bought one.

I hope to see it Monday.

Mine arrived today. I spent the afternoon playing with it and doing some simple chores. Good knife. For the money, a great knife. Mine wasn't really sharp upon arrival, but a few strokes on the ceramic hone, and it was perfect. Lightweight, comfortable in the hand, useful size. What isn't to like?

I was just saying I didn't need another knife. That hasn't stopped me before. I hope to get it today.

Posts: 1600 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:
Thanks.
Never had one.
Didn't need one.
Bought one.

I hope to see it Monday.

I was just saying I didn't need another knife. That hasn't stopped me before. I hope to get it today.

We're on the same page, I have many knives, but never too many. Smile

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I have a few of those stashed in glove boxes and gear bags. Outstanding knives given the price.

Posts: 1301 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
Picture of 6guns
posted Hide Post
Just took advantage of this and picked up one carbon steel and one SS version.

Posts: 32876 | Location: NW Indiana | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
I have a few of those stashed in glove boxes and gear bags. Outstanding knives given the price.

That's why I bought several; I've got them here and there, too. Great tackle box knife in stainless.

Posts: 1399 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Got the Stainless version in the mail a few days ago. Seems well made and a real bargain. Isnt razor sharp out of the package but its serviceable. I guess its hit or miss from the factory with the stainless version on how sharp it is according to amazon reviews.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne

Posts: 2385 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 heavy duty MG's and for the money they are a great value. Gary.

Posts: 479 | Location: wa | Registered: October 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I ordered one. Came yesterday. Looks good and serviceable. I'll find a place to put it where a blade will came in handy, maybe the magazine rack next to my recliner. Came home from work today and immediately put it to use opening tha Amazon box the Mrs had put on my recliner. What did I find in the box? 3 more of the same Morainiv knives Eek not sure what happened there, maybe a little too much wine that night or an Amazon screwup in my favor. I'll have to check my order history.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Big River Leather
Handcrafted Gun Leather and Accessories
http://www.bigriverleather.com/

Posts: 12078 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post