SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Thanks, Albert! Thanks, Ryan!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks, Albert! Thanks, Ryan! Login/Join 
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted
This old Puma White Hunter needed som TLC so I sent it to Seattle Edge for Albert to do his magic.

The custom sheath is by our own, Ryan Grizzle!

Thanks, Guys!!

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NICE!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
oh, Albert has worked his magic on several of my knives over the years. he is a wizard and a gentleman.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The only time I've been very badly cut and didn't even feel it was with a knife Albert sharpened. I pulled it from my pocket and went to flip the blade open and a spray of blood like something from a samurai movie spattered across the floor. Confused, I looked down and I was leaking heavily all over the knife and the floor. Turned out the pivot was a bit loose and instead of catching the thumb stud, I caught the edge of the blade and lopped a corner of my thumb off and never felt it. That man does amazing work, and from the looks of it, he did the same convex edge wizardry on your Puma there. Be careful with it, that edge ain't no joke.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
you ain't kidding. i have been delving into getting an ultra sharp edge on my knives. i have always gone to about 600grit for a general working edge on most of my blades. since i have been working kitchen knives, i have been working on getting that very fine, slicing edge for my chef knives. my goodness, what a difference that last 10% really achieves and how hard it is to attain it. it is an art as much as a skill. scary sharp is the best way to describe that kind of edge. Albert is amazing at getting that type of final edge. no matter what type of blade you are working with.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Yes the gentleman sure knows how to do SHARP!!!! He can reach a pinnacle I have only gotten close to a few times!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I have a late '60's/early 70's Puma Skinner that I have been meaning to send to Albert for an overhaul but I just get so nervous about sending it across country and back. My dad bought it in Germany when I was 10 years old for me and it has great sentimental value.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Understandable. I live about an hour’s drive from his shop and have a bunch of knives I need him to work on, and pretty soon, I’ll have a straight razor that my great-grandfather bought and used as a professional barber for many years around the turn of the century before passing it down to my grandfather who used it even occasionally into his later years. I won’t send it through the mail, there’s no amount of insurance that’ll make up for that getting lost. Better off for me to take the two trips for drop off and pickup.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post