SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Replacement scales by VZ Grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement scales by VZ Grips Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have any experience with this company? I was thinking about getting a set of replacement blue/black scales for a tiger stripe ZT 350. I am not familiar with the company so looking for feedback.

link to site

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
VZ GRIPS is a well established pistol grip maker. Not inexpensive, but quality. I never realized they manufactured knife scales as well. You should have no issues with them.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I can’t speak specifically to their knife scales but they make damn good firearm grips.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Black Friday sale-25% off .
Code Black2020

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
VZ makes excellent aftermarket handgun grips. Recently, bought a pair of their SP-101's. Very high-quality, and easy to deal with.
You should have no reservations about purchasing VZ's aftermarket scales for you ZT-blade.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Black Friday sale-25% off .
Code Black2020

Thanks for this, saved me some $!

posted Hide Post
No idea about their knife scales, but by 1911, BHP, and 340PD love them!
zero fit problems, and tough as hell.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New scales installed.

posted Hide Post
Looks awesome. Really like the blue and black. Cool

Posts: 18 | Registered: October 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have G-10 VZ grips on a 1911 I have, and they are quality.

I also think they made the Langdon grips I have for a Beretta 92, and those are also quality.

You'll have no problems.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Late to the party but the first thing I did to my Hinderer TDI was instal VZ grips. They’re awesome.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I like some of the scales VZ offers for the 0350, paticularly the Stipple model. Are these actually made like stippling, or are they smooth?

Also, at the bottom of the page there is mention they will not fit knives made after 2019.

So, how do I know when my knife was made? Or does someone know if they actually will fit? And is VZ still making knife scales? They don't have much of a selection of knife model offerings.

EDIT to add: KnifeCenter sells these too. There is one review that mentions needing additional hardware to install the VZs. Perhaps his knife was made after 2019.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the G10 scales so I don't have anything to add re the Stipple model. My knife was purchased shortly before I made this post so I think it was made post 2019 but can't be sure. It did ship in a white box as opposed to a black box like some older ZT350's I have seen. VZ grips did not have that warning on their website when I ordered mine, I did not have any problems with it.

It did require slightly longer screws to secure the clip, these were included.

I guess you could email ZT/Kershaw customer service with your serial # and ask. They should be able to tell you.