SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Benchmades new for 2017 and an observation

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benchmades new for 2017 and an observation Login/Join 
I got a Million of 'em!
posted
http://www.benchmade.com/new.h...roducts+Announcement

Rolling some of HK stuff over into the regular BM line. Do they do that usually?

I'm going to have a hard time resisting the 4600-1. I love my HK version, maybe the $150 price increase will help but the steel upgrade is tempting.

Posts: 7712 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Wow, that new Damascus/Blue "Valet" is gorgeous.

(Not $700 worth of gorgeous, though... Wink)

Posts: 17299 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Glad the Turmoil is being absorbed into the regular line, although different handle jimping but now the blade will be DLC coated and S30V instead of D2!

I'm still glad I got the HK Turmoil before they disappear forever.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26133 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I like the looks of the 781. MSRP is $500 with pre-orders from vendors at $425 - ouch! Now I don't feel so bad about paying $285 for a barely used small Sebenza.

Michael

Posts: 229 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Yeah the 781 is definitely intriguing.
But the price is rather prohibitive.
I've been hoping for a one-piece titanium handled folder with the AXIS lock ever since I got my first Lochsa.

Posts: 26133 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
http://www.benchmade.com/new.h...roducts+Announcement

Rolling some of HK stuff over into the regular BM line. Do they do that usually?

I'm going to have a hard time resisting the 4600-1. I love my HK version, maybe the $150 price increase will help but the steel upgrade is tempting.

The HK line was discontinued so it makes sense that they would roll over popular HK models under Benchmade.

Posts: 2127 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Looks like all the tan HK AXIS folders are gone. Can't seem to find one.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11582 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
Looks like all the tan HK AXIS folders are gone. Can't seem to find one.

Have you checked ebay?

You could also put a WTB ad on either the Benchmade forum or on the Benchmade buy/sell/trade page on facebook.

Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Just bought a tan knife locally. Smile

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11582 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Glad you found one, Monk.
plain or partially serrated?
Coated or uncoated blade?
Full-size or mini?
Details, my man, details!
Smile

Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Glad you found one, Monk.
plain or partially serrated?
Coated or uncoated blade?
Full-size or mini?
Details, my man, details!
Smile

Plain edge (I almost never buy anything serrated), full-size, coated blade (although I really like how the one you stripped turned out).