SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Great Eastern Cutlery, interesting YT video.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Eastern Cutlery, interesting YT video. Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeHWa5jyO74&t=174s

How they build their traditional folders. An amazing amount of hand work.

Three parts, but if you like to watch "How it's Made" videos, worth watching.

I have only a few GEC/Tidoute folders, but happy with the quality and the price.

I can see how one could very easily get "into" collecting the GEC, Northwoods or Tidoute folders. Next trip back east I intend to visit the Factory.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few GEC knives, and everyone of them is a piece of artwork. I actually just bought two more over the past month, a #14 and a #81, both with Burnt Stag handles.
I’ve given GEC knives as gifts to my son’s and a few good friends, and every person is amazed by the quality and craftsmanship of their designs.
I travel frequently in the area that they have their factory, I should really stop in there someday and check the place out.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
I have quite a few GEC knives, and everyone of them is a piece of artwork. I actually just bought two more over the past month, a #14 and a #81, both with Burnt Stag handles.
I’ve given GEC knives as gifts to my son’s and a few good friends, and every person is amazed by the quality and craftsmanship of their designs.
I travel frequently in the area that they have their factory, I should really stop in there someday and check the place out.

Agree with You on their knives, they are beautiful. I just got a #44 with silver bolsters and black scales. The quality really impressed me. And if a guy can do an initial buy, not secondary market, they are very reasonably priced.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FN in MT,

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post