SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Zero tolerance failures???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zero tolerance failures??? Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
ZT 0460 Sinkevich

No wiggle and stayed locked with about 10 or 15 whacks.

and I can't picture many scenarios where some portion of my index finger isn't mashing against the lock during use.

I did have a ZT years ago in which the clip screws/bolts actually broke a portion of the grip material and the clip came off...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
ZT knives are ok but not that great and yes, they fail several tests.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I have a ZT 301 that doesn't fail this "test", so it is obvious from my sample size that no ZT has this problem.

Seriously, none of the 5 knives I actually carry and use have this problem, and if they did I'd send them back to the factory.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I caved... All caught up on Larry Correia and Stephen Hunter novels, so out of sheer boredom, I had a "whackfest!" None of my ZTs, 0450, 0900, 0770, and the flawed 0620, failed. Of course, the wife unit came in to see what the ruckus was immediately judged me to be under the influence (or if I had whacked my head). In her words, "Who in their right mind does that?"

No YouTube so believe it or not...

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I currently own over 35 ZT’s also Spyderco,Benchmade,ESEE,Lion Steele,CRKT,Microtec and the list goes on i carry a 0630cf daily and use it in finish Carpentry there are several ways to open a knife either light and girly or manly confident and intentional you will get different lockups and should be about 40% this is where failure can take place if too light i feel the spine test like all interweb boobs is useless nothing is perfect by useing your tools as they are designed to be there arent any problems if it fails most manufacturers have outstanding customer service,know your tools and train often who wants to try the toaster test

Posts: 3 | Location: N/W Illinois | Registered: October 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whack test is pretty standard for folders with liner locks.
I've seen more than a few with issues-some very high end models.
Would I buy one? Not a chance.
Would the manufacturer give you grief for returning or complaining? No way.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1054 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post