SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Green Beret Bowie-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Green Beret Bowie-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
just finished this Outlaw Bowie for a customer. it will be a gift for a Green Beret friend of his. i think it came out nicely. i will be carving his unit logo into the strap of the fitted sheath. i had hoped to have it done by Christmas, but i am running behind like everybody else right now. just thought i would share some pics since i haven't posted anything in a bit.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!
What are the dimensions?

I love your blade shapes but always wonder how hard are they to sharpen. I'm just a crock stic guy, all thumbs.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, mike. it is about 10.5" with a 5.0" blade. as far as sharpening, recurve blades are very easy to keep sharp. i keep several styles of sharpening rods to keep a nice, shaving edge on them. i really like these ceramic rods that have a fine diamond coating. nothing crazy to it at all.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
That’s a work of art!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, my friend. i have really enjoyed making this one. the mrs. has dubbed this handle combo, peanut butter and chocolate.

dozer