SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Krein TK-4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krein TK-4 Login/Join 
The Constable
posted

Just arrived. Saw that one of the online companies got in a few of these so snagged one. Last one too.

Big fan of Krein. As well as simple designs like this in green micarta. Fit and finish is flawless too.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post

Sorry for the drab shots but it's super overcast and cloudy, rain/snow on the way.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
There's a lot I like on this one: the drop point, jimping, choil, and handle shape.
Very clean look.

Looks to be about the size of an ESEE 3?

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Tom Krein taking work again?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I have no idea if he's taking orders. This one was a lucky catch.

He does drop a few knives each week it seems, over on his Facebook page. I have been lucky lately , I have a Wharnie on the way and have a slot for a larger blade in the future.

Blade length on this one is 3", with an overall length of 6 1/2"

Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Love that look. Have you caught him on the podcast Mark of the Maker? Him and a couple other makers and a collector/friend I'd guess you'd call him. Pretty good listen.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some Emersons that he did a blade regrind on; great blades, I really like them.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I've always loved Tom's work, this one is a beauty. My favorite handle material is the Green/Brown Canvas Micarta, Bob Loveless introduced it to knives.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3387 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking knife. Be sure to show us the Wharncliffe when you get it; that's a favorite blade shape of mine.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
Nice looking knife. Be sure to show us the Wharncliffe when you get it; that's a favorite blade shape of mine.

You bet, should be here Saturday. Two Krein's in a week. I'm on a hell of a roll.

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Make sure you do the spine whack test on this one.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Wow.

Make sure you do the spine whack test on this one.

HUH?