SIGforum
Krein TK-4

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/6390020944

October 31, 2018, 04:24 PM
FN in MT
Krein TK-4

Just arrived. Saw that one of the online companies got in a few of these so snagged one. Last one too.

Big fan of Krein. As well as simple designs like this in green micarta. Fit and finish is flawless too.
October 31, 2018, 04:26 PM
FN in MT

Sorry for the drab shots but it's super overcast and cloudy, rain/snow on the way.
October 31, 2018, 05:32 PM
C-Dubs
There's a lot I like on this one: the drop point, jimping, choil, and handle shape.
Very clean look.

Looks to be about the size of an ESEE 3?

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
October 31, 2018, 06:21 PM
sns3guppy
Is Tom Krein taking work again?
October 31, 2018, 06:37 PM
FN in MT
I have no idea if he's taking orders. This one was a lucky catch.

He does drop a few knives each week it seems, over on his Facebook page. I have been lucky lately , I have a Wharnie on the way and have a slot for a larger blade in the future.

Blade length on this one is 3", with an overall length of 6 1/2"
October 31, 2018, 08:06 PM
fvyellowbird
Love that look. Have you caught him on the podcast Mark of the Maker? Him and a couple other makers and a collector/friend I'd guess you'd call him. Pretty good listen.

Hell, is other people! J-P S
October 31, 2018, 09:12 PM
sns3guppy
I have some Emersons that he did a blade regrind on; great blades, I really like them.
November 01, 2018, 08:04 AM
UTsig
I've always loved Tom's work, this one is a beauty. My favorite handle material is the Green/Brown Canvas Micarta, Bob Loveless introduced it to knives.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.
November 01, 2018, 09:11 PM
amals
Nice looking knife. Be sure to show us the Wharncliffe when you get it; that's a favorite blade shape of mine.
November 01, 2018, 10:15 PM
FN in MT
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
Nice looking knife. Be sure to show us the Wharncliffe when you get it; that's a favorite blade shape of mine.

You bet, should be here Saturday. Two Krein's in a week. I'm on a hell of a roll.
November 21, 2018, 02:21 PM
4MUL8R
Wow.

Make sure you do the spine whack test on this one.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
November 21, 2018, 05:32 PM
FN in MT
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Wow.

Make sure you do the spine whack test on this one.

HUH?