SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The African Hunter By Dragon's Breath Knives
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The African Hunter By Dragon's Breath Knives Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your eyes...

For a special gift, I commissioned Dragon's Breath Knives to create The African Hunter. It is for a friend, born in South Africa, son of missionary doctors, himself a missionary, and a skilled hunter of game large and small.

The knife is proportioned for hunting, specifically for detailed field dressing where a thumb forward position gives maximum utility. The blade is CPM 154, giving great properties. I wanted the grip scales to convey the many colors of Africa, both animals, landscape, and light. We found a great pair of panels and positioned them as you see, diagonally, so that forward motion is suggested.

The knife is complete with a left-handed sheath, having a very nice protective design by Mr. Fitchett. You will note the strap is wrapped forward so that the hand can move rearward toward the knife to open the sheath. At the same time, the high surrounding leather prevents inadvertent loss should the grip strap not be fastened.

Mr. Grice, the skilled craftsman who made this special blade, was most accommodating of a very particular engineer customer, and kept me informed every step of the way. The shared excitement of creating something special for the pastor who will marry my daughter was beyond the call of business, and knowing the care he gave this knife makes it a more meaningful gift.

I can't wait to offer it to my friend, but that will have to wait until early next year at the nuptials.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
very nice, i almost bought some handle material very similar to that a while back. making me wish i had now. nice look to it.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That is just spectacular.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
As beautiful as that is I hope it gets carried and used often.

I need friends like you.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
love the shape. perfect hunting knife. also really like the minimalist blade with just the right amount of serrations on the spine.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
A breath-taking act of thoughtfulness. A beautiful knife, backed by the thought and care that went into its creation. Well done!

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
I, too, really like the size, blade shape etc. Looks like a great using-knife. NICE too!

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A thoughtful and well executed plan and knife! :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Gents, It may be time for some more like this! Your scales may vary Wink!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! What a work of practical art you have.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Thanks to ALL!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post