SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    COLD STEEL® "Ten Shin" walking stick by Steven Seagal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

COLD STEEL® "Ten Shin" walking stick by Steven Seagal Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
How about something different? I am building a walking stick at home, but wanted to know what was commercially available. An offering from Cold Steel caught my eye. Designed by martial arts master Steven Seagal, made of injection-molded polypro and clearly modeled after a Japanese bokken (wooden training sword), the Ten Shin walking stick goes for $73.99. Grip is simulated sharkskin, as you would find on a katana. The handle itself is an axe-head for additional attention-getting.

Ten Shin means "Heavenly Mind". The mon, or 5-circle crest symbolizes the plum blossom with a tsurugi double-edge sword, which can cleave an enemy or indeed the wielder himself, should his intentions be less-than-honorable.

Cold Steel Ten Shin Walking Stick

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16263 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of Steaven Seagal nowadays but I like the cane in the original wood.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19579 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
It's cool but it's just so douchey

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2241 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
But can it chop meat filled boots? Inquiring minds want to know. And see it on youtube

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
But can it chop meat filled boots? Inquiring minds want to know. And see it on youtube

Accompanied by some really annoying electric guitar music, too.

Posts: 26850 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I like it.

Too bad I hate steven segal to the point I don't capitalize his name or do things that give him money.

Imma watch under siege 1 and 2 from my file sharing site just because I saw this.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheeze:

As are most things Cold Steel.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by cheeze:

As are most things Cold Steel.

Ow. Ow. Ow.

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And this, too,
shall pass away
Picture of Drifting Fate
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I need a cane to walk. I have a few custom ones made of heavy wood. They aren't made to thump, but could if necessary.

This? Yeah, it can probably thump as well, and then the prosecution would be showing them pictures of Mr. Seagal holding said axe-headed cane and I would be a cripple in jail.

Posts: 3679 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It's a good point. I could actually see myself getting one of these, but cutting the axe-head part off (I find it kind of oogly, anyway).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16263 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
It's a good point. I could actually see myself getting one of these, but cutting the axe-head part off (I find it kind of oogly, anyway).

In that case, maybe just get a bokken to begin with?

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How could a martial arts master like Steven Seagal even comprehend a weapon. I've seen beat down ten guys at the same time with his bare hands. I know he has fighting and hair dying techniques down pat. Perhaps he should work on a martial arts weight loss program!

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

In that case, maybe just get a bokken to begin with?

For the handle, so you can use it like a cane.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Another thing, this is a cane, so should be jettable. TSA site says canes are OK in checked or carry-on luggage. I think I would still cut the axe part off just in case.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
That video defines douchey.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you'd prefer the Steven Seagal Helmet Breaker. For all those helmets you need to break.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
I could see cutting myself if I tried to use that bottle opener.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I thought the exact same thing!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Check out Seagal's thumbnail in that video. Weird.

Posts: 26850 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Check out Seagal's thumbnail in that video. Weird.

That's an Asian thing. I've seen it a lot over there. Usually it's a long pinky nail. I've heard differing theories on its origin, from status symbol to personal hygeine to things go better with coke.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."