SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Wicked Edge GO sharpener
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wicked Edge GO sharpener Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wow. That is nice. Kalishnikov of knife sharpeners is probably not a great slogan though. Lol.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Just watched the second of two video updates on the WE Go. The first video was repairing and reprofiling a damaged kitchen knife edge with the 200 grit stone, this latest update shows finishing the edge of the kitchen knife with the 600 grit stone. Just a few swipes and the blade glides through paper and cuts paper thin slices off a tomato then through a 3/4" sisal rope. A very good working edge. I do believe I will get the 800/1000 grit stone to take the edge up one more level.

looking forward to my delivery.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have the Wicked Edge system and I can put one HELL of an edge on a blade. From polished that you can read text with to toothy to cut through most anything! It's a good system.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Anyone receive their pre-ordered Go models? Placed my pre-order in August with shipping reported to begin in late October but it's still marked 'unfulfilled'.

New preorders are now $199 with the website showing early December for shipping.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
I received an e-mail update from Allison a few weeks ago. There have been several "improvements" to the tool that have delayed shipping. The current expected ship date begins 20 Nov.

Wicked Edge GO Update!
Here’s a quick update on the production status of your Wicked Edge GO knife sharpener. We are going to be delayed in shipping the new sharpeners because we had an opportunity to make some last minute changes to the design and add a couple of features. I made the decision to risk a delay in order to include those features in the first production run because I feel strongly that all of you that placed a pre-order with us, deserved to have the best unit possible. Normally we would save changes like these for a later production run or a new generation, but that didn’t seem appropriate this time – you guys deserve the best we can offer. Here are the new features:

The Base of the unit has been modified so that:

Both Guide Rods now store in the front of the unit to make them easier to locate without having to move the unit around. This is especially helpful if the unit is clamped or otherwise mounted to a surface.
The vise can be mounted for right or left handed users, allowing you to use your dominant hand in whichever way is most convenient to you, either to operate the vise or to hold the knife.
Specialized storage has been created for the hex key that operates the vise so that it can be stored and accessed on either side of the unit to make your work flow safer and more convenient.
A wider variety of stone thicknesses and handle designs fit inside the Base and are held securely by our new spring retention system. The original design required the user to periodically adjust the retention device, which isn’t necessary with the new design.
Mounting holes have been added at the rear of the Base for an optional Knife Brace that will allow you to reduce deflection from flexible blades like long slicers and fillet knives.

The L-Brackets that help to control the sharpening angle have been modified so that the Rod-End Ball-Joints will not scratch the top surface of the unit when they’re not attached to the Guide Rods.

Here are some images of the sharpener with the new design changes:

(Oops, images did not copy)

We are now projecting to begin shipping sharpeners on the week of November 20. There are a large number of pre-orders which will take about a week to fulfill and will be processed in the order they were received.

I know the delays have been very frustrating and we’re grateful that you’ve hung in there with us as we bring this new sharpener to market. If you feel you wouldn’t like to continue waiting, you can of course cancel your order at any time.

Best regards,

Clay Allison

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
I received an e-mail update from Allison a few weeks ago. There have been several "improvements" to the tool that have delayed shipping. The current expected ship date begins 20 Nov.

Thanks very much for the info.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Been radio silence for my pre-order.

Has anyone gotten theirs?

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post