SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Beautifully polished Damascus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beautifully polished Damascus Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
As a lot of you guys know I loves me some Damascus steel. It's rich, and visually very attractive. I also love to show its beauty in a slightly different way at times.
When Damascus is Etched with acidic solutions , it not only displays the reference between the high Carbon and Nickle, but black-ish for the High Carbon, and Stainless looking for the nickle.
I just LOVE to polish it sometimes for a different kind of look. It just takes on another form of texture! Check it out on a piece I just made for a great guy!!

https://imgur.com/a/JFtJIYE

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
looks great. isn't called raindrop damascus?

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Don't let that slip out of your hands on the final polishing pass. That's a beautiful BBQ blade.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's a beauty, Jim!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gawd that's cool !

Well done !

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
You Sir, make a fine Blade! Just outstanding. I think You and Your Damascus blades are in for a wild ride. Simply beautiful. And as a proud owner of a similar blade I have to say it's not just the look, the balance is perfect and it's very sharp where it needs to be.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, blade and wood

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Absolutely Beautiful!

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Yes the pattern is “Raindrop” from Alabama Damascus⚔️⚔️. I am gonna post a Damascus “Sharpfinger” later today after the etch. It will be a “Finish It Your Way” blade for sale!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking blade, thank you for sharing. Wow.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post