SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New Hunter Design
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Hunter Design Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
here is the first WIP shot of new hunter/outdoor knife design for the fall. i always do something in this vein before the hunting season. this one is 1095 and a nice medium size, around 8.5" OAL. gonna do something nice in stabilized wood for the handle. i may also do something similar with a clip point. stay tuned for more pics in the coming days.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i put a lot of thought into this one. there is more going on than is apparent at first glance. i wanted a drop point design but also wanted to keep a sharp straight tip. i also gave it a just a bit of an exaggerated belly without messing up the lines of the blade shape. it took some tweaking and figuring, but i am pretty happy with the final shape and feel of this one. i even added a baton notch along the spine. that was a suggestion from a hunting buddy of mine.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I’m really looking forward to seeing the finished product

I continue to be amazed at people like you who have this skill. Today I visited another friend who is a retiring knife maker. He’s 80, been making knives for 50 years and I had him make me one last knife.

Of all the skills that I posses I wish I could even fathom just a little of the knowledge that people like you, Jim, and my buddy bob have. It’s really a gift you all have. Thanks for sharing this with us all.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Like this new design, a lot!!!⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated, fellas.

dozer

Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Very,very nice! Can't wait to see the drop-point design.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
been a busy week, but i finally got another progress shot. next is adding a spine taper to the tip and an acid etch finish. we are thinking about cocobola bolsters and natural micarta for the handle.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
OK, she is almost done now. just have to sharpen it and sign it. here is another bad cell phone pic. i will take some nice shots once she is all nice and sharp. i decided to go simple, dark brown micarta bolsters with natural micarta handle. working man's style right there.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here are the final glamour pics of the new Hunter. i think it came pretty well. now for some leather.

dozer