SIGforum
New Hunter Design

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/6050094644

August 31, 2018, 05:04 PM
dozer
New Hunter Design
here is the first WIP shot of new hunter/outdoor knife design for the fall. i always do something in this vein before the hunting season. this one is 1095 and a nice medium size, around 8.5" OAL. gonna do something nice in stabilized wood for the handle. i may also do something similar with a clip point. stay tuned for more pics in the coming days.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson
August 31, 2018, 08:07 PM
pbramlett
Sweet!

Regards,

P.
August 31, 2018, 08:46 PM
dozer
thanks, i put a lot of thought into this one. there is more going on than is apparent at first glance. i wanted a drop point design but also wanted to keep a sharp straight tip. i also gave it a just a bit of an exaggerated belly without messing up the lines of the blade shape. it took some tweaking and figuring, but i am pretty happy with the final shape and feel of this one. i even added a baton notch along the spine. that was a suggestion from a hunting buddy of mine.

dozer

August 31, 2018, 09:53 PM
pbramlett
I’m really looking forward to seeing the finished product

I continue to be amazed at people like you who have this skill. Today I visited another friend who is a retiring knife maker. He’s 80, been making knives for 50 years and I had him make me one last knife.

Of all the skills that I posses I wish I could even fathom just a little of the knowledge that people like you, Jim, and my buddy bob have. It’s really a gift you all have. Thanks for sharing this with us all.

Regards,

P.
September 01, 2018, 04:00 AM
sybo
Like this new design, a lot!!!⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️
September 01, 2018, 04:52 AM
dozer
much appreciated, fellas.

dozer

September 01, 2018, 12:21 PM
MRMATT
Very,very nice! Can't wait to see the drop-point design.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.
September 11, 2018, 07:37 AM
dozer
been a busy week, but i finally got another progress shot. next is adding a spine taper to the tip and an acid etch finish. we are thinking about cocobola bolsters and natural micarta for the handle.

dozer

September 14, 2018, 08:45 PM
dozer
OK, she is almost done now. just have to sharpen it and sign it. here is another bad cell phone pic. i will take some nice shots once she is all nice and sharp. i decided to go simple, dark brown micarta bolsters with natural micarta handle. working man's style right there.

dozer

September 15, 2018, 12:41 PM
dozer
here are the final glamour pics of the new Hunter. i think it came pretty well. now for some leather.

dozer