SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Superlube 'Clean/Food Grade' Lubes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Superlube 'Clean/Food Grade' Lubes Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted
Greetings,

Right up front - No association with Superlube.

I've been using their oil on folder(s) for a bit with satisfactory results, mostly for the USDA H1 incidental food contact rating.

Now I specifically try to keep my EDC blades clean and NOT use EDC/carry folders in the kitchen for the obvious reasons. But when out and about or sometimes that snack pack which needs 650 lbs. of foot-pounds of torque to open, the folder might get called upon to do its thing near food.

https://www.super-lube.com/oils

Haven't tried the grease yet...as thick as it is, it would likely be better reserved for a disassembly/cleaning/reassembly process.

It probably won't replace my normal oils/greases for firearms, as I'm pretty satisfied with what I've been using for a couple decades (mostly TW-25B, Tetra and Wilson).

Anyone else tried Superlube on their knives?

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Have used on knives and firearms with good results.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Super Lube also makes a good O ring lube. I use it on anything with rubber. Good for ammo can seals too.

John!

Posts: 113 | Registered: April 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Introduced to Super-Lube when I got a tube from The SIG Armorer with a 226 he went through for me.
Been using it ever since on auto pistols to ar's.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use food grade mineral oil.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post