SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Gift for a young lady: Best multi-tool?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gift for a young lady: Best multi-tool? Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
The daughter of friends is going off to college, and my wife has decided the best gift for her would be a good multi-tool, i.e. Leatherman and the like.
Blade must be <3 inches though.
Recommendations?

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The leatherman wave is my standard answer and it works here too. The blade is 2.9 inches.

Add the bit kit and extender and she will have pretty much every tool she should need at college except for maybe a hammer.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several waves, but take a hard look at the Victorinox spirit X multi tool. It’s the smaller of the two multi tools that Victorinox makes and is of extremely high-quality.

Made in Texas, in the good ole' U.S. of A.

Posts: 241 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
SOG makes excellent multi tools also.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have gifted the Leatherman Micra quite a few times to both ladies and gentlemen. It is universally appreciated and IMHO is the single most useful small tool ever. I find that most people, especially ladies need scissors more often than pliers and the small size of the Micra makes it easy to stick on the keychain and always have with you.

The leathermen Wave is a great tool but is larger than most people will consistantly carry. A purse is a perfect place to always carry a multitool but most ladies I've known don't seem to glom onto that idea! :-D

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Leatherman Style PS on my keychain, and it's quite handy. It's got a set of small pliers, scissors, nail file, tweezer, bottle opener, and a small screwdriver.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We got her a Wave + with leather holster and she was delighted; her dad envious. Perfect.
For myself, I do prefer the Victorinox Spirit, given me by my son.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post