SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    PM2 blade swap - opinions/advice?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PM2 blade swap - opinions/advice? Login/Join 
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted
I have two Spyderco ParaMilitary2's:

* Carbon fiber/M2 steel - "sprint run" special edition

* "Blurple" G-10/S110V steel - the off-the-shelf item

I prefer the CF handle, but the S110V blade, should I marry them?

Slight corrosion spots on the M4 if that makes a difference, both are lightly-used otherwise.

Posts: 6449 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you asking because you plan to sell the G10/M4 combo that is leftover?

I think you putting together a franken knife might affect it's resale value. But why not combine and be fully happy with one blade instead of ok with two blades?

Keep the other one as a backup if you don't need the money. If you do need the money sell it somewhere with full disclosure and see what you get.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go for it. If it doesn't work no loss. Check the parts as you go and custom fit the new knife.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback.

Posts: 6449 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
For a hot minute, I was considering getting some bone scales and a backspacer for my PM2 in S110V, and would have if not for the price. If you're pretty positive you're gonna keep it, I say go for it. The S110V blade is seriously impressive stuff, why not mate it with some scales you prefer? Also willing to bet you would be able to move the other one after the swap.

Posts: 17102 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I think a G10 M2 knife would be very saleable. Perhaps even to me.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Do whatever suits you.

It might be harder to sell the Frankenknife, but who cares. Were you planning to sell?

I am interested to know why you prefer the S110V. I like S110V very much, and haven't had a M2 blade, but people do like the stuff.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post