SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Correct you are that those are still available. I looked this morning, and must have missed that one out of 800 combinations on the page Wink

The web page is a bit tough to follow when there are so many permutations.

What I've seen of the waitlists is that they do fill them, eventually. Remarkable organization really. No wonder he's discussed retiring some blades.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I cancelled my Specwar order...I don't especially want one, and I really do want that Fixed Karambit I ordered today. I'm trying to behave.

It's a great opportunity if you like that model. It is a very collectible knife, people still want to buy them.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also...If Ernie says his guys found 3 boxes with an unknown total of finished, partially finished, and Blade Blanks...To me he'll sell those and that will be it. I don't think they're counting up what they need to make...

I read it the same way.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Got my SPECWAR-A SF coming, they also have CQC12-HDs and PUKs.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
PUK is a great knife. I was speaking with someone who was oh so excited about the Esee 4, then he held a PUK...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
They now have Tan G10 Serrated A models (Clip Point)in stock.

Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
I really would like to get in line for a hard chrome specwar.

Posts: 1088 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Under the SPECWAR Colored Grips, the Black Serrated, Olive Drab G10 Tanto is now in stock.

Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
Are you constantly checking the different combo's or how are you finding out about these?

Posts: 1088 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I run as many combinations as I can several times a day for now. I was hoping their FB page would keep up with it, but it hasn't so far.

The best I can figure is Ernie put a team on this project, and they're busting ass to get it out as fast as they can while maintaining quality. The web people must be getting the stock entered as soon as it passes QC.

Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
Well thanks for the hard work. If you ever have and hard chrome finished knives show up let me know first Wink

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
There is one stonewashed Plainedge Tanto with Forrest Green G10 left in stock.

Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
SgtMac's Fixed Karambit pictures drove me to order Ernie's last Black Fixed Karambit...was going to wait 'til next year, but...Curse you SgtMac! Smile

Your going to love my black, serrated, OD, Tanto SPECWAR!

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgtmac:
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
SgtMac's Fixed Karambit pictures drove me to order Ernie's last Black Fixed Karambit...was going to wait 'til next year, but...Curse you SgtMac! Smile

Your going to love my black, serrated, OD, Tanto SPECWAR!

Dude...Yer killin' me! Razz

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Wow...My Black Fixed Blade Karambit came, and it is totally worth it. SgtMac's pics are awesome so no need for more except my family pic.

It's very different than the folder Karambit...less bulky, lighter, blade is only .2"longer but seems much longer and razor sharp. The bag comes with a warning not to hold the sheath with the off hand so you don't slice your fingers off by accident.

I could see wearing this as a neck knife after removing the belt latch...It's big, but it could work.

BTW, I like Emerson's new shipping option. Free Flat Rate Box for orders over $200. Super fast, I ordered Thursday morning and it came Saturday morning. They didn't email me the tracking number...But it's a new service so they'll get that soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

posted Hide Post
I wasn't going to do it

But.....

I put my name in on a hard chrome Wait list

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
I wasn't going to do it
But.....
I put my name in on a hard chrome Wait list

I did the same thing Thursday...I don't plan to buy one, but I plan to alert you guys if I see it to give you a chance to get one...

From their FB Page...
quote:

Jerry Sturgill I want the hard chrome tanto. Will these be available this coming week?!

Also: some have already been ground and logo'd, these will obviously have that original date on them, correct?!

Emerson Knives, Inc. Yes we will have some hard chrome models early next week. They have the original logo on them, dated 200 or 2001.

Yesterday at 2:44pm

posted Hide Post
I would like the drop point preferably

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking about how far to go with this knife thing...Emersons has the DVD's on Karambit Training and Edged Weapons Training. Nothing beats an in-person training program, but the DVD's would be good for Familiarization.

So I committed to beginning the Karambit program, and ordered the DVD Set and the blue Karambit Trainer. The trainer would be great because I can take it anywhere as it isn't a knife. The price at Emersons is better than anywhere else...way better.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
You won't be disappointed in the program or the trainer.