SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Ivan, great story! I don't know if they are still accepting submissions but you should read this and give it a try...

Dear Members,

As some of you may know we are compiling a book on the CQC-7 knife. A book written by you. The owners and users who are the ones who can really tell the stories. And we've had a tremendous response. But after thinking about it, this wasn't fair to all the owners of other Emerson Model Knives. So we are now opening the project up to all stories of all models of Emersons - not just the CQC-7. So for all the owners of other Emerson Knives the book is now open for you also. We'll just create a separate chapter for Commanders, CQC-8's, CQC-15's, etc. If you want to include pictures, just make sure they are "cleared" and are at 300 DPI.

Now, I know the history of Emerson Knives but only you know the stories. So what I want to do is to ask you to write down and submit your stories of your knives. It can be anything from, "I pried open the door of the burning vehicle to, the lady behind the counter handed me the knife and the receipt and now she's my wife." I know that there are stories that are interesting, humorous and even heroic, I would like to hear them all. For example, I know of one where a police officer lost his knife in a tussle on the ground and found his knife 2 years later when he went back and checked under a bush at the scene. That's a cool story. I also know that there are plenty of combat stories out there as well.

I know you've all got stories. It can even be just about what the knife means to you, perhaps it was a present from a loved one or a father that carries a special meaning. I want to hear your story. Everyone wants to hear your story.

>>>You will need to agree to a release for publication <<<

You can change the names or dates if you need to for various reasons or you can request to remain anonymous, but in the book I would really like to put your name behind each story so you can say, that's me, when you show off the book to family or friends.

We'll also include a section for the "pimpers" that are out there and for those of you that have customized your own Emerson, so be sure to get those pictures to us as well, (300 dpi).

When you send in your story be sure you include your contact information and agree to the form or we won't be able to use your story.

Now, I can't guarantee that we will publish every story but we'll do our best to get yours in. And I don't care if its 10 sentences or 10 pages long. Just try to email it to us so we don't have to retype a handwritten copy. But, if that's all you've got, we'll take that too.

Wait, there's more. When we get to the end, I am going to put all the names who have submitted their stories into a pot and draw out a name. The winner will get a custom, handmade CQC-6 knife made by me to commemorate the story of the Emerson history. Versions of this knife have sold for up to ten thousand dollars.

So there is my carrot. We'll publish the book, I'll build the knife, all you need to do is send in your story. I'm not asking you to be a part of the Emerson history, you already are part of the Emerson history. Let's let the world know. So start putting your story down on paper and let's get the ball rolling!

Send your submissions to: emersonstory@emersonknives.com

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
For Christmas I got a mini CQC7. I like it a lot!

I also got a Spyderco Mamba which I also like a lot.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Production run of Kwaikens hit today

Black blades (BT) not available yet Ordered a stone wash blade. I’ll probably get this one pimped

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Production run of Kwaikens hit today

Black blades (BT) not available yet Ordered a stone wash blade. I’ll probably get this one pimped

Nice! Wish I could justify one, I really like that model. My mini commander and old school Mach 1 will have to tide me over.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After a lot of debating, I ordered a cqc7, tango blade, partially serrated, black finish.

I’m looking forward to getting it and seeing what it’s like.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
annnnnnd.....just ordered a commander...stone washed, serrated.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Picture of Hillbilly Dan
posted Hide Post
I have owned a CQC 15 for several years and I love it. Emerson's are solid well built knives and I have found that they stay sharp better than most knives. This is a big knife and its exactly what I wanted when I ordered it. I have 15 other brands of knives and the Emerson along with a Benchmade Contego are my daily carries. I choose one of them daily. I also have two Benchmade Griptilian is a very good little knife. Keep working with the wave. You will get it going soon.

Hillbilly Dan

Life Member NRA

Posts: 317 | Location: Murray, KY | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I’ve been looking at this thread over the years and enjoying the photos, especially those by Vemon.

After getting into knives ten years ago, I finally got around to ordering my first Emerson last night. Had a hard time deciding between the cqc8 and the 13 but chose the 8 this time.

I’m eager to see what they’re like in hand and expect to carry it a lot since I like big knives and rough peel ply G10 handles. If I like it, I might add a 13 and a Roadhouse, too.

Thanks to everybody in this thread for motivating me to finally get one. I’ll post a pic when it gets here.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Thank You Baron Flynt, I've been in love with these knives! Wink

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I still own and carry my Emerson SOCFK every day. In fact I have two of them and alternate them every year, then have one sent to Emerson for a sharpen / clean up job while in it's off year.

I've considered adding a new Emerson to the mix, but then I see that the SOCFKs do everything I want. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fuck Yeah! I love it! Ordered Friday night at 9pm, in my mailbox today at noon from DLT Trading. Click on thumbnails for bigger pics.

Wicked!

Blade looks centered to me. Locks up real solid, even better than my Umnumzaan and that's saying something. It's sharp, too. Real glad I got it. Cool

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Nice banana, comrade!