SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted
Today I ordered my first Emerson...CQC-7BW Stone Washed...After years of hearing stories about Emersons, I wanted to try one out.

On the way from Blade HQ Mini CQC-7BW BT...Emerson #2

I liked the CQC-7BW Stonewashed so much...I had to get the Mini with the black blade. I kinda don't mind the wave feature that much. I'm getting used to it like you guys said...And this blade is only 2.9", so it's about the same as my Doug Ritter Mini Griptilian so I can swap them out. The smaller size is very handy...

I want a Commander next... Smile pray for my OCD...

Mini-Commander is on the way now...The blade is 3.4", I didn't want the big full sized version for my pocket...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Nice looking blade!

How's the action on opening?
I'm considering one also, just cant find one to handle here in West Virginistan

That little thumb stub + my Flintstone fingers = it better be ball bearing smooth!

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know what it feels like, this will be the first one I've handled. And I don't know a lot about knives anyway. This is supposed to be the Emerson signature model, so I'm assuming it'll be fine.

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I think you will love it.

I carried a mini Green CQC7 for years. They are built lkie a Brick Shit House.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I love my new mini CQC-7 with the wave. It is a tank.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I had to really work with my Karambit to get it to loosen up, but now it's pretty smooth.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
That's a nice knife. I'm a fan of the wave feature on Emersons, look into one on your next.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9356 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I watched the video on the Wave feature, and decided it wasn't for me. I'm more interested in the 'quality' and mechanical toughness. I'm not good with knives, and I'm afraid I'd lop off a few fingers if it flipped open while removing it from my pocket. Smile

My CUT makes no sense
Picture of MobiusClip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
I watched the video on the Wave feature, and decided it wasn't for me. I'm more interested in the 'quality' and mechanical toughness. I'm not good with knives, and I'm afraid I'd lop off a few fingers if it flipped open while removing it from my pocket. Smile

I feel the same way. I think it's a great feature, but not necessary for me.
I think I would have bought one awhile ago, but I'm on the fence because I don't know if I'll like the chisel grind or not.
Let us know. And of course, pics when you get it. Wink

Well the point was fast but it was too blunt to miss
Life handed us a paycheck, we said "We worked harder than this!"

Posts: 2544 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
That's funny...It came and it has the Wave on it. Better inventory my fingers... Razz

I guess Knifeworks ran out of the old CQC-7B SF models and subbed a CQC-7BW SF...Oh well, it's really nice so I won't complain.

Like you guys said, it's built like an M1A1 Tank...What a solid piece of steel...It's kind of stiff right now, but it'll take some time to work it out...

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new Emerson. It will loosen up with some use.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks...I'm very impressed with the little bugger...

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new knife. Give the wave a chance, with a little practice, you'll be snapping it open without even thinking about it.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9356 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I really tried to like the wave feature on my Spyderco, which I believe is bigger and more aggressive if that matters, but just had tom many instances where I didn't feel in control of it deploying it. I'm surprised I didn't have any accidents with it.

I'm going to have to be real careful with it now as it's off at Seattle Edge.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a wave fan here.

Three stitches, nerve damage and the tip of VG-10 stuck in my bone agree with my above statement.

But I love me some Emersons.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:
Not a wave fan here.

Three stitches, nerve damage and the tip of VG-10 stuck in my bone agree with my above statement.

+1

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not a wave fan here.

How bad is the nerve damage? That sounds pretty bad. And the knife actually went all the way to the bone? damn..talk about pain...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:
Not a wave fan here.

How bad is the nerve damage? That sounds pretty bad. And the knife actually went all the way to the bone? damn..talk about pain...

Actually it wasn't painful while it happened. It was sharp.

Severed nerve in finger. Now half my middle finger is numb and if I stretch my arm and fingers out a certain way the pain radiates to my elbow.

Blade went in and hit the bone hard. I pulled it out and tried pouring a bottle of liquid bandaid on it cause I was heading out for burgers at the Vortex.

The gf wouldn't shut up about the blood so I ran to the urgent care for stitches.

The whole thing was actually a mix of the wave and a new pair of slacks with and oddly shaped pocket and my keys on my carabiner getting stuck on the pocket clip.

It was the perfect storm of brain farts.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
How long ago did it happen, any treatment for the nerve damage and radiating pain?

posted Hide Post
A handful of months ago. I haven't done anything about it since the stitches dissolved. The only weird thing is the numbness. Nothing I'm too worried about seeing anyone for at this point.

It just keeps me from buying waved items mainly.