SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
On the Emerson site now under the death spade hat there is notation, "order this and earn 20 points". 20 points? For what?

UPDATE:
Found the answer

Points and Rewards Program
Saturday, September 28, 2013
We are excited to introduce our Emerson Points System for our loyal customers. With each purchase, you can earn points redeemable on all future purchases. Each dollar you spend will accrue as credit points, and can be used as discounts towards your next purchase at EmersonKnives.com

How do Emerson Points Work?
For every dollar you spend, you will earn points, excluding any tax or shipping charges. Point earnings are rounded up to the nearest dollar spent. There is no limit to the number of points you can earn.

How do I know how many points I have?
In your personal account page, you will see a running status of the points you have earned.

How do I use my points?
At the time of checkout, the store will prompt you to either use points earned from your personal point bank. You can choose to use the points you have in your account, or save them up for future purchases.

Do points expire?
Yes, you have exactly one year to use your Emerson reward points.

Can I trade my points in for money or products?
Points are only applicable towards future purchases on EmersonKnives.com exclusively.

What happens to my points if I return an item?
Your Rewards points balance will be correspondingly adjusted for any returned merchandise.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Also, didn't see this discussed here, an update on the site from last weekend:

Stumbling Jack
Friday, September 20, 2013
The Story you are about to read is true to the accounting of Mr. Jack Belvedere, through the translation and transcription of his written journals, firsthand accounts, family history and various other historical sources.

Stumblin Jack™ is best known as one of the old west’s finest whiskey distillers. His famous, and notorious, Gunslingers Whiskey, has woven itself into the fabric that is the story of the American Wild West. A story of cowboys, lawmen, gunslingers, and bounty hunters, as well as the outlaws, horse thieves, desperados, and bandits.

To quote Jack himself, about Gunslingers Whiskey, “My whiskey is either responsible for takin more lives or making more lives than any other whiskey in history.”

I am very privileged and honored to have been given the permission to bring the story of Stumblin Jack™ Belvedere out from the shadows and back roads of history, so that you too may know his incredible story.

I have been given sole permission by the Belvedere family to access all of the possessions, memorabilia, and personal papers of their beloved Great Grandfather, Stumblin Jack™. In short, I have been appointed the official biographer of Jack Belvedere. This has been a fascinating journey for me as I have strolled back through time to view the world through the eyes of a man who touched so many lives.

I must tell you that the family has requested that no one attempts to contact them. They wish to remain just as they are and have been for quite some time, anonymous and just a normal family. Fame or notoriety is nothing they seek and as they have brought me into their circle of trust, I will respect their wishes. I ask that you please respect those wishes also.

BackwardsWriting

This and coupled with a man who taught himself to write has created some difficulty for me. That is why I am publishing his story in segments as I get them translated and correlated. I will publish the segments as I get them transcribed so that we can all read them.
Like I said, uncovering this man’s story, has been a journey and it is far from over.
I hope you enjoy it as I have enjoyed it.

Continues: here

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Yep...We introduced Stumbling Jack on Page 11, last April 30th... Smile

This is a big Thread...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Yep...We introduced Stumbling Jack on Page 11, last April 30th... Smile

This is a big Thread...

With the site design the link on p11 is dead, so at least today's post updates the live link.

Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
Emerson's facebook page says hard-chrome specwars are up next!

Posts: 1088 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I've been looking this morning...Waiting...I'm guessing these must be very sought after versions...yes?

posted Hide Post
I called.

No hard chromes have come in yet.

Saying sometime this week

Still a few tan, OD with satin blades left

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
It's a happy EKI day! SPECWAR-A SF(2013) and CQC12(2006) arrived today. The 12 is amazingly thin and light feeling with the liner-less G10 scale and RIL Ti lock side. I may warm up to the standoffs on the SPECWAR, it is just different, not Emerson. And I see no other reason for it than to cut costs. Also received a mini Commander from a forum member, will have to do another group shot.

And the SPECWAR with a SOCFK. Essentially the same knife sans wave.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Very cool, ceptor.

Now, allow me to share a copy of a perfect 10...

posted Hide Post
No Hard Chromes today

Will call again tomorrow. Smile

They seriously pushing the rewards program but can't explain how it works yet. Lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I called 'em yesterday about that rewards program. I think gimmicks like that are beneath Emerson's....I don't know, some people might like it but not me. I'm guessing every point is worth like a penny. At GM 2000 points gets you a little $20 coupon.

Keep checking on that Hard Chrome...it's getting close...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm the only one who thinks knife 10-10 from 2010 is neat. Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Guess I'm the only one who thinks knife 10-10 from 2010 is neat. Wink

I caught it

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't really give a PUK... Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
LOL

Thanks guys Smile

Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Have to admit, jealous of that PUK. I called as soon as I received the in stock email and the SF models were already sold out and don't care for coated blades so the BT was out. Hope they do a run soon or find a few laying around.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
My Karambit Trainer and DVD set came today. Trainer is (Of course) just like the Combat Karambit in size. I watched part of the first DVD, and I might have to get another Trainer. He does a lot of drills with two...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
That's a good thought, but would it make more sense to have a different knife for the opposite number to train with, like a 7? That way you could train other drills with it too.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe in the Edged Weapon Training drills...but this is all Karambit. As a defensive tool, he shows patterns with 2 blades that would pretty much discourage any attacker...so it would also require 2 real Karambits. I do have 2 Supers...and may get a second CombatK down the road.

Over at USN in the Karambit pics section a guy posted up a K7...stonewashed...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Gonna change your avatar to an Oktoberfest beer for Halloween?