SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
No, but all the knives that were to be lotteried at Blade will be there. So, someone will get my knife from Atlanta. Likely will be the finest total collection of Emerson knives in a Vegas lottery ever... Frown

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's one of 3 largest sales weekends for me and I'll be working

Hopefully one day I will make it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Now ti-Banana (CQC-8)

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Vemon that is tremendous!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Thank You, Chuck! I myself am a little discouraged Smile Heavy turned the knife 190грамм, but in the hand the weight is not felt.

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
That is the special thing about the ergonomics of Emerson knives. It doesn't seem to matter how big or heavy they are, they do not feel that way in the hand.

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
I absolutely agree.

Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post
I've been wanting one of these for a while now... The Persian showed up in the mail today... Big Grin

Change of Plans...

Posts: 268 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Enjoy the heck out of a superb design.

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
wreckdiverjosh,congratulations!
The Persian awesome knife.

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Ti 13:

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/gregandkat/20160730_155008_zpszqwug5ab.jpg"> [/IMG]

posted Hide Post
Y'all been putting up some nice knives.

New HVAC system has severely hindered any purchases

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
I've never seen a 12 with a picture

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
It's the Titanium Vines and Roses 12. I had a titanium backspacer and obverse scale to replace the original G10. The other 12 is one of the factory Titanium 12s.

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
What's a good sharpening tool for these? Didn't find one in a search of this thread, besides Wicked Edge, which is a bit pricey for me. I was debating sending it back to Emerson, but don't want to wait.

Emerson's sharpening instructions on their website show some type of a diamond hand tool.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
If you're uncertain about your own sharpening skills or have a complex knife, like a CQC-15 and we're talking about a production knife then send it in. The turnaround is very fast.

If it's a custom I can recommend someone to do it for you who has a very solid reputation and won't be the months and months (and months) for custom work. (Ernie does each of these himself).

Otherwise, pretty much any sharpening system will work. he designed these, from the angles to the type of steel, to be easy to put an edge back on.

I submit for your weekend viewing pleasure...

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Special ECA knives on Emerson's site right now. Not many, and they are going fast!