SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 93 94 95 96

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
annnnnnd.....just ordered a commander...stone washed, serrated.

Posts: 4831 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 526 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hillbilly Dan
posted Hide Post
I have owned a CQC 15 for several years and I love it. Emerson's are solid well built knives and I have found that they stay sharp better than most knives. This is a big knife and its exactly what I wanted when I ordered it. I have 15 other brands of knives and the Emerson along with a Benchmade Contego are my daily carries. I choose one of them daily. I also have two Benchmade Griptilian is a very good little knife. Keep working with the wave. You will get it going soon.

Hillbilly Dan

Life Member NRA

Posts: 307 | Location: Murray, KY | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 526 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I’ve been looking at this thread over the years and enjoying the photos, especially those by Vemon.

After getting into knives ten years ago, I finally got around to ordering my first Emerson last night. Had a hard time deciding between the cqc8 and the 13 but chose the 8 this time.

I’m eager to see what they’re like in hand and expect to carry it a lot since I like big knives and rough peel ply G10 handles. If I like it, I might add a 13 and a Roadhouse, too.

Thanks to everybody in this thread for motivating me to finally get one. I’ll post a pic when it gets here.

Posts: 469 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Thank You Baron Flynt, I've been in love with these knives! Wink

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I still own and carry my Emerson SOCFK every day. In fact I have two of them and alternate them every year, then have one sent to Emerson for a sharpen / clean up job while in it's off year.

I've considered adding a new Emerson to the mix, but then I see that the SOCFKs do everything I want. Wink

Posts: 41376 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fuck Yeah! I love it! Ordered Friday night at 9pm, in my mailbox today at noon from DLT Trading. Click on thumbnails for bigger pics.

Wicked!

Blade looks centered to me. Locks up real solid, even better than my Umnumzaan and that's saying something. It's sharp, too. Real glad I got it. Cool

Posts: 469 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Nice banana, comrade!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vemon:
Nice banana, comrade!

Thinking about getting another one. Maybe the Super Commander. I missed out on the Super CQC8, which I would have bought this time.

posted Hide Post
I have an Emerson Karambit and Super Karambit. The Karambit is awesome. Don’t carry the super Karambit much since we have funny laws about blades over 3 inches.

Posts: 587 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I only have two serious use knives, both Emerson SOCFK-Bs. The first one was a straight blade, then the second was serrated, which I find much more useful day to day. Bought them both 4-5 years ago when Midway was blowing them out for $150-ish.

Every couple years I send them to Emerson for sharpening and also had the straight blade serrated. This is the workhorse and due for a trip to the mothership soon.

Posts: 41376 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post