SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vemon:
Comrade Ogie, please photo your Monsters, Strictly for comparison Smile

Tovarich, I don't do photos on the Internet but I have an older Monster like yours and a newer Sunburst Monster with the shark teeth. I also have several other Seikos including a Shogun which I really like.

Since this is the Emerson thread I thought I would mention that I just ordered a Combat Karambit. I think I will really like it!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
Tovarich, I don't do photos on the Internet it

I'm sorry, I didn't assume.
Yes. Very charismatic knife.

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi
Picture of law_dawg07
posted Hide Post
Anybody have an idea when the government mule will be back in stock? The waiting is agony.

Goin' to the water park...the water park...

Posts: 10100 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by law_dawg07:
Anybody have an idea when the government mule will be back in stock? The waiting is agony.

If you mean the folders then you are highly likely to never encounter one in the wild. (I have 2 of the 4 that were made).

If you mean the fixed blade (I have number 0001) there is one at a reasonable price so far on a certain auction site right now.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable stroke of luck in the mail today.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
How and where did you get that?!

Congratulations on the acquisition...beauty!

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:

Legion store

Thanks! Did you happen to catch the serial number? Eek

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
quote:

Legion store

Thanks! Did you happen to catch the serial number? Eek

OMG...Triple congrats on #001...That's a rare stroke of luck.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Indeed!

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Indeed!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WOW!!!! two number ones!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Chuck, what is your opinion of the blade design on the Legion? I'm hoping to get the HD-HMMV when it's released...but have to consider this one.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I'm honored by your question. I would absolutely put the HD-HMMVK first. It will always be easier to find a Legion than the most anticipated HD release that I expect ever will be. As you know, there will only be 60 of them released.

I now have tried a couple Hinderer flippers and Emerson flippers, of which the legion is one. I'm still not sold that this is something that helps. It is the fad of the time, but I still find the Wave feature to be far and away the fastest, most superior means of deploying the blade. Actually, I can't tell when I'd favor the "flip" over the ordinary thumb disc.

The Legion blade shape is a solid, smooth one. It seems to be between a Tanto and an A blade, but retains enough tanto to be trusted to cut, pierce, and do its work. Hope that helps.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
It does. You're right about the availability of the Legion. I'll shoot for the HMMV and hope to get lucky.

Hey, if they reset the serial numbers, maybe you can get HD-HMMV #0001...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
LOL, there's always hope, but wouldn't hold breath for that one. Big Grin

Semper Fi
Picture of law_dawg07
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by law_dawg07:

If you mean the folders then you are highly likely to never encounter one in the wild. (I have 2 of the 4 that were made).

If you mean the fixed blade (I have number 0001) there is one at a reasonable price so far on a certain auction site right now.

Thanks, Chuck! Looking for the fixed, will check out auction Smile

Goin' to the water park...the water park...

Posts: 10100 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chuck, what is your opinion of the blade design on the Legion? I'm hoping to get the HD-HMMV when it's released...but have to consider this one.

Did you score one?

posted Hide Post
How long has the N-SAR been available to the public?

Have I just been totally clueless? Smile

I probably just never looked in that section knowing they weren't

Since they are now..... Incoming!! New boat knife Big Grin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Yes. One is coming.

NSAR has been available over a year. Congrats. It was one of my first edc pair, along with a 7.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes. One is coming.

NSAR has been available over a year. Congrats. It was one of my first edc pair, along with a 7.

It was so difficult to find one for my friends retirement gift a couple years ago on the civilian market. After I located one for him I never looked for myself

This message has been edited. Last edited by: snwghst,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post