SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I'm not the jealous type...but I'll make an exception here. That's the same dagger on page 19 of this Thread...My hats off to you buddy, congratulations.

And best of luck on your presentation tomorrow...knock it outta the park...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!!

Thats nice

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gator97
posted Hide Post
That is one awesome blade!!!

Posts: 843 | Location: Greenville,SC | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More Rhino Pron!

This time with an FNX tactical 45, AAC Suppressor, GemTech Lanyard and SureFire X400 Ultra

Story and much better pics will be in the next issue of RECOIL

Posts: 24 | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
So looking forward to that, Mike. Smile

Awesome blade.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Nice Chuck, nice!!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CQC7A.

EDC for 10yrs+, use it almost every day. Just about broken in. Re-profiled the grind angle a while back, prefer a inclusive primary angle of 35, micro bevel/angle of 40, easy touch up. Keep it wicked sharp.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
I decided I wanted to focus on Commanders and Karambits. My everyday carry is a Jungle Commander, it's my favorite. If I'm CCW'ing I might take a Karambit.

I looked at the collection and the thought occurred to me that this was a serious waste of great steel, time to set them free. And it's also a chance to spread the Emerson Legend around as well...I'd be very happy if these got used hard every day by somebody.

You should ask Mary next week about the serial numbers, I'm curious.

There is a 99 commander and an orange scaled 7 over in the Cove. Thought you might be interested

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Emerson just announced the Fixed Karambits are ready to ship...Black and Stonewashed...

I really like the fixed Karambit, and have thought seriously about getting one...However, spending a lot of time with the folding Karambits I do like the compact size and wave opener...easier to carry. I had thought about carrying it as a neck knife like a La Griffe. A seriously badass neck knife.

Here's a Fixed Karambit next to a Combat Karambit. Notice the Wave on the Fixed Blade...Remember that the original reason for putting a wave on the first Commander was a request by the SEALS to have a blade catching device on the knife. On a Fixed Karambit it would serve the same purpose.

http://emersonknives.com/shop/...ade-bt/#!prettyPhoto

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Very nice pics, and good reminder on the wave. It would seem to me that the consideration on the fixed is that it will always be stronger than any folder. (BTW I sent you a PM)

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The way you hold a Karambit..with the blade tip to your outside and tip forward...is a very strong structure. The same if you inverted the tip to pull instead of push.

I don't think there's a time when the blade might be pushed towards closing. This is a very well thought out weapon...amazing in it's strength, effectiveness, and simplicity.

I have a PM inbox? Where's it at? I've never used PM...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
It's over at USN, look towards the top right of the screen and it should show as a notification.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
It's over at USN, look towards the top right of the screen and it should show as a notification.

Nice trainer, but I hadn't planned on getting one. I did see they finally got some trainers in on Emersons...But just not for me.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
No worries. Just don't want you to end up with stitches! Wink

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I read a Thread about Karambit self-inflicted injuries...mostly caused by 'spinning', I only grip, thrust, or pull...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I agree. I never understood how someone would hurt themselves with one. Once I received a trainer I tried spinning it. I spun it one way, still didn't see a problem. Spun it the other way... a ha. We'll, still don't know why someone would do that. I prefer the CQC-7 Karambit, so it's a bit different.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Guys...I was thinking of putting one of my Karambits up for sale in the Classifieds. I thought selling my Black Combat Karambit at a good discount and referencing Mike Searsons article on using a Karambit as a Retention Weapon for LEOs might be interesting for some of the members. What do you think?

posted Hide Post
Czechvar,

I think that's a great idea, but please do that when I am on vacation without access to the internet.

Thanks!

Rob

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Better tell the wife y'all are going to the Bahamas...Big Grin

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I'm good, now if it was a CQC-7 Karambit...