SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The Chris Kyle Memorial CQC-6 is receiving a lot of attention now. 13 bids at $2,825.

https://emersonknives.cybrhost...-6&auction_id=100267

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The 'Patriot' George Washington knife has 16 bids at $1,825.

https://emersonknives.cybrhost...od&auction_id=100265

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
There are 21 knives in the Auction so far. If I could pick my favorites, I'm seriously diggin' on the Dark Knight Roadhouse...

And the Black Shadow 15...

CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Here's the new blade design on the Karambits. Shaved off the tip to strengthen the Blade tip.

I wanted one before, but seeing the new blade makes me want a Karambit even more. I don't really have a use for it, but it's such a cool looking knife.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Not a big fan of the nipped tip on the karambit, but I understand his "point"

In the auctions why are so many of the pearl handles without bids??

That full dress tanto pearl makes my mouth water...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
It does seem to be a trend. I don't know what Collectors are looking for.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
You know what? I'm liking that nipped tip...sort of looks like a snow shovel...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
When they made the new website, Emerson also added an email newsletter you can sign up for...I just got my first one...

It's about halfway down on the right...

http://emersonknives.com/

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Auction action now is focused on the Chris Kyle Memorial CQC-6 with 40 bids at $4,425. Next is the Midnight 6 with 21 bids at $2,825.

https://emersonknives.cybrhost...mit=10&item_type=all

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Smile

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The Midnight 6 is picking up speed...26 bids at $3025...The Collectors really like the 6's.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Just came in the mail...Full size Jungle Commander with dual Titanium liners...Size comparison today is a '68 Shelby GT500... Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
How do you like the heft? What thoughts do you have? Was that your purchase with your discount coupon?

I'm trying to decide what to use mine on...
CQC-7 karambit
or
Gypsy Jack
or
something else

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
How do you like the heft? What thoughts do you have? Was that your purchase with your discount coupon?

I'm trying to decide what to use mine on...
CQC-7 karambit
or
Gypsy Jack
or
something else

Didn't use the coupon yet, bought this one from GP Knives.

No real increase in weight I can tell,but my wallet is $40 lighter to get that second Ti Liner... Razz

I just got an email this afternoon that the Combat Karambits are up for about $270 on Emersons site. If I do get one it'll be a Super or a fixed. Not sure if I shouldn't wait...I've bought so much lately...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
With about 40 or so hours left in the Auction, the pace is picking up. The Diamond 6 has 14 bid at $5750...The Chris Kyle Memorial Knife has 45 bids at $5025...The Midnight 6 has 28 bidders at $3075...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
What's he going to do with those couple should they not receive any bids?

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Send 'em to friends?

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Check out the bidding for that Diamond 6, these two guys are slugging it out...Up to $6K now...this could go down to the wire...

https://emersonknives.cybrhost...hp?auction_id=100269

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Ironically, the only video I've found so far of Emersons at Blade 2013 was shot by another knife maker checking out Ernie's Knives...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
18-20 hours left in the 21 Auctions. So they'll be wrapping up around noon tomorrow. Could be some minute excitement and several of these knives.