SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What out of production knife do you covet?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What out of production knife do you covet? Login/Join 
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
This one...

https://www.google.com/imgres?...kwCQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a shame. Can you even Buy ivory today?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's real Ivory.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmorford:
I would love to pick up another ZT 0302 as a back up. I own a ZT 0300, 0302, 0303 so I wouldn't mind finding a ZT 0301 and 0300BW to complete the set.

I always wanted the ZT 03 series! Loved that big beauty.
Then they were gone, I cried. I searched, then I found the reborn ZT 0303, not crazy about the tiger stripe, but it is a massive folder, just received it today from the Kershaw guy.
I’m so happy ZT reissued this model, new lock up on the new model, improves smoothness, no galling with this frame lock.
A lot of knife for the money.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
HK Nitrous Blitz. Amazing knife in a 2oz package.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's only one: Lone Wolf Harshey D2. I have 2, wish I'd gotten more before Benchmade bought Lone Wolf and ceased the production. These are special, damned special.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember growing up I cut my finger on a fixed blade hunting knife my dad had.

As I grew older I always wanted one for myself.

I believe it was a Western Hunter with a six inch blade.

I haven't thought about that knife in years until I started reading this discussion.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I still have a Rigid USA Caribou sheath knife I bought back I the 70s...it dressed many a deer when I used to hunt (it was really too big, but I just liked the way it looked and felt)...I bought a Rigid USA Black Feather folding knife (black linen Micarta construction) which was a better field dressing knife, but it was so lightweight (no pocket clip) that I ended up losing it after a few years Frown...I loved that knife, at the time it was unique, about the same size as a Buck but maybe a third of the weight...I saw one NIB at a knife show a few years ago and it was crazy priced...I wouldn't go as far as "coveting" another Black Feather, but I really wish I had that one back.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I wish Cold Steel would bring the original Voyagers back. I had a Large Tanto when I was a rookie Officer and it was a superb knife for its purpose. Big. Strong. Sharp. Cheap enough to abuse or loose. I think my ex took it.

Original SOG Pentagon. Or the SOG Bowies when they were made in Japan.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post