SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What out of production knife do you covet?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What out of production knife do you covet? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The original ZT0777.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
The Al Mar Buzzard that I lost/misplaced years ago.
I always think I will find it.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I can't say I covet them, but I do have a soft spot for old Barlows. I look for them at flea markets & buy them up, if the blades haven't been ground away with a bench grinder.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
An older Japanese made SOG Pentagon. The new ones have such and ugly grind.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The original cold steel voyager.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Timberline Specwar. Mostly because I saw it in a catalog as a teenager and wanted it bad.

Posts: 2123 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Benchmade Ares. All of the variations.

You must be damn close.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always wanted a Buckmaster 184 by Buck knives since the first time I saw one in 1986.

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to pick up another ZT 0302 as a back up. I own a ZT 0300, 0302, 0303 so I wouldn't mind finding a ZT 0301 and 0300BW to complete the set.

---------------------------
And... Have a good 'un.

Posts: 279 | Registered: October 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
C-325 Gerber. I have an antler handled one, it's so close to a perfect hunting knife. I've carried it for 30+ years, I'd like another or maybe a couple.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: reflex/deflex 64,

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Benchmade Ares. All of the variations.

You must be damn close.

Technically, it's complete.
Other than a couple of one-offs and some redundant knives with different markings, I think I'm happy with what I have.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cupcake
Picture of Chipster
posted Hide Post
Surefire Delta. Luckily I have two!

Chip

Posts: 557 | Location: IN | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
As a teenager in the 1980's I had a hard time getting my parents to agree to let me spend the $ for this:

Still have it along with box, manual, and receipt.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to replace the 2 Kit Carson Custom folders I used to own, but was stolen when I was in the hospital being treated. As Mr Carson is now deceased, I will never be able to replace them.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WesleyDelArma
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
An older Japanese made SOG Pentagon. The new ones have such and ugly grind.

Yes! The original Seki Pentagons were fantastic knives! Really high quality, good serrations, great handle. Superb.

After going through a very hard time in my life I sprung the coin to buy one at a rather high premium price. It was worth it.

A couple years ago I bought a second from one of our members as a backup. Am always on the lookout for more.

Posts: 275 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: July 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Spyderco Catcherman in H1 steel.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently loving this Spartan Blades Harsey Folder. An incredible knife.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Benchmite

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have the even earlier version of the Benchmite. It is a great little knife for suit pants. Almost like it isn't there.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jumper:
Timberline Specwar. Mostly because I saw it in a catalog as a teenager and wanted it bad.

I had one...sold it on here, awesome knife but limited in it's use. I also had a warrior...again an awesome knife but limited in its use.

That all being said I would love a Al Mar Smatchet.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post