SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What out of production knife do you covet?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What out of production knife do you covet? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
Hey all-

I just purchased one of my all time favorite Spyderco knives: a Co-pilot!
Spyderco originally spec'd this knife out to be under the airline knife length restriction. All that went away on 9/11 so this knife has always hearkened back for me to a simpler and more sensible time. Smile

Co-pilot
What out of production knife do you covet?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A green handled Spyderco Lum Chinese folder.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
A Benchmade 710-141 or 142

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
A Gerber Orange and Black handle Dive Knife (MK-II style) with original leather sheath and the piggyback sharpening steel.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Hackman Folding Puukko

I have one that my dad brought back from Finland, and there are reproductions being made, but I have kids that could use one or two each...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benchmade Model 42 Balisong.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Zero Tolerance 300 Tiger Striped blade with a green handle.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
OOP Knives I currently have that I can't replace:
Spyderco Citadel Auto - 92mm
(2) Spyderco Embassy Autos

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:

This was the only one I could really think of.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benchmade Mel Pardue 475. The symmetry, balance, size and shape were perfect. I want the auto but they're illegal in Wa. State.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Benchmade Ares. All of the variations.

And the Benchmade 42. Still the finest production balisong ever made.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:

Check this guy. I'm not sure this is exactly the knife you're looking for, but it appears he has some. I got a ZT0301TS from him a year or so back, after they were discontinued, and was extremely happy with the deal:
http://kershawguy.com/products-page/zt-discontinued/
This one has the black blade, but you could e-mail him to see if he has any left with the TS blade.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Benchmade Mel Pardue 475. The symmetry, balance, size and shape were perfect. I want the auto but they're illegal in Wa. State.

Your post hit home braillediver for me...
I bought my 475 at a Washington Arms Collectors gun show 20+ years ago while still living in WA. After 30 years (in the rain) we moved to AZ in 2001 and the very first knife I bought in the auto-knife-friendly-state-of-Arizona was the matching auto.

Almost every mall that has a cutlery store carries switchblades and OTF fun stuff.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
An Ek M4, for the last 30+ years.

No real use for it. A "dagger", so illegal to do much with here, but still...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:

About a year and a half ago I stumbled upon this pair for sale on a local forum. I'd never heard of Zero Tolerance but liked the look of them so I picked them up at $250 for the pair. That quickly escalated into a pretty sizable ZT collection. They have a lot of designs I like.

quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Benchmade Ares. All of the variations.

I snagged one of these a few weeks ago for a decent price (second from top). It's a really well-designed knife and I wouldn't mind getting one with a plain edge. All of these are nice discontinued Benchmades.

I can't think anything I'm actively pursuing but I've learned to just buy a knife while it's in production if I like it. Otherwise it could prove to be a difficult and expensive hunt down the road.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Spyderco embassy auto

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I didn't already have one, I would have coveted the Spyderco Jumpmaster (original, not Jumpmaster 2). As it was, when I found out recently that it had been discontinued, I snagged the last one at Knifeworks. So I guess I coveted it even though I had one!

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Probably an Al Mar SERE with a Special Forces crest to go with my other SERE.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:

This was the only one I could really think of.

Just started a thread looking for advice on finding one. Want to replace one I had 20 years ago, found out they are no longer made. Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Spyderco Citadel Auto - 92mm

+1 just a sexy looking auto. I looked for one once autos became legal and only found 1 83mm model. I checked the next day and it was gone too.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post