SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New Chef Model-Liontribe Designs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Chef Model-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
just about to fit the handle for this one. a little WIP thread on a new design. this is a 7.0" chef with a hybrid grind. a laser beam for the kitchen. a high flat grind on the right and a full height grind on the off side.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the profile and interesting on the grind.

What steel is she?

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, this one is W2 tool steel. one of our go to steels for chef knives. yeah, the grind was introduced to me by a good friend who works as a professional chef. he ordered one to replace a stolen chef knife and wanted this particular style of grind to the blade. it has a great geometry for cutting effortlessly. i was pleasantly surprised, so i decided to make a few more to sell.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the completed pics!

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
well this handle material really impressed me. it came out great. just have to do the final sharpening and this one is up for grabs.

dozer

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Whoa!! Eek

What material did you do the grip out of? Is that colored epoxy and spalted... something? That’s some pretty wild looking stuff!

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, the handle is double dyed, stabilized maple burl. it does have a colored resin look to it. i have some great material vendors that find just the right handle material for me. this may be the best looking handle we have done on a chef to date.

dozer

Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Wow, that really came out great! Well done, Sir.

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i am going to do my best to get more of this maple. it really has a cool look. my pics don't do it justice. it is more striking in person.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
got a new one cooking right now. this one is a slim version of our Chef model. we will be doing the etched finish and fitting the handle tomorrow. i am gonna use natural micarta on this one. give it a real old school look. it naturally darkens with age and just looks great. i use it on my file knives all the time. wonderful rustic style and look.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Great profile, and the Scales are Saweeet!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, my friend. i knew they were nice scales, but they really came to life when shaped and polished. wish i could source a truckload of that stuff.

dozer

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's exceptional.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is the natural micarta handle, rough shaped and ready for hand sanding.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is the finished chef. the handle came out so great. has that wonderful traditional look to it.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i think the hamon on this new Dark Chef may be the best one yet. i am getting a little better at this every time i make one. this one almost looks to be glowing. i am excited to see this one completed.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Wicked profile bud!! Striking Hamon also!!!!!!! Great work you do Sir!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thank you, my friend. proper chef knives are really a different animal. we enjoy making them. i will definitely get some nice shots of it when finished. hope all is well with you.

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful! You are right, it may be the best one yet.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post