SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Old beat up Remington pocket knife
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old beat up Remington pocket knife Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted

Y

This thing is beat. Belonged to my wife's grandfather. My question, is there anything here worth anything to some one who rebuilds or makes knives? I hate to just throw it in the trash, but have no clue. So.... thanks for your comments gang.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
I like it as is. Sharpen those blades, and keep using it. It would also be a cool little restoration project.

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Man I wish I was good and had the setup for folders. I think something like your grandfather’s knife is really special! I really think there has got to be someone who enjoys teeny parts and projects. I could clean up and profile the blades but that’s about it. Following!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oil it, sharpen it, don't re-profile, use it for a hundred years. And remember your grandfather-in-law.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post