SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    1911 grip panel folding knife
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 grip panel folding knife Login/Join 
posted
I saw them in the magazine's , ages ago.

they were just 1911 pistol grip panels on each side of a folding knife frame.

did any of the knife nuts or 1911 guys ever own one or six?

were they good ? better ? or great quality knives?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
I have the Ultimate Equipment M1911 standard model that I received as a gift some years ago. Mine seems well built and it has held an edge nicely. It’s large and heavy. A ‘BBQ folder’ if you will.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I've seen Rolan_Kraps post pics of one he has with Ruger 1911 grip scales, IIRC. I think it may have been a folder, but it's been a few years.

Thanks for the info, Phxtoad, looks like this is their website:
http://www.ultimate-equipment.com

Cool concept. I'll admit it: I'm intrigued. The S35VN blade steel would be my choice over the 420, though.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Only from the ones I have handled, they were fair in quality. Yup more of a “ Barbecue “ Knife.....

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I remember Loyd McConnell, a custom knife maker, making a folder, it was an auto, IIRC. He's still making knives lives in Marble Falls, TX. I had him make me a fixed blade may years ago.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post